Chapter 48 ~ I am detirmined to wrap this thing up in a timely manner

Halloween (October 31st), Frank's seventeenth birthday
**Gerard's POV**
Frank is turning seventeen today, which means that it's only another year until he turns eighteen and he can move in with me. I got him the best present he's ever gotten, I'm sure. I've been saving up money and I bought him a black Les Paul and little red letter stickers to put on it, since he likes to name his guitars. Plus, I got him a super special present that will be revealed later in the night. I'm also throwing him a surprise party. It's going back to be a costume party and I told all of our friends. Oh, and I guess it would be best to update on how all of them are doing.

Brendon is starting to lean more towards the popular crowd, which seems to be making it a little difficult for him to make time to spend with Ryan. In this foretold "popular crowd" Brendon has made many new friends, including a guy named Dallon, who is a senior, while Brendon is a not so humble sophomore.

I believe that Ryan may be falling into a depression as well as finding a new friend group. He's a little more distant than he used to be and he also seems to be in the middle of an identity crisis. Not much other than that, really.

Patrick has been losing a lot of weight and has been trying to take up guitar as well as the fact that he and Pete haven't been spending as much time together since Mikey broke up with Ray a couple months ago, which has definitely been one of the sketchier parts in my opinion, especially because Mikey and Pete had gotten along incredbly well from the beginning. That in itself makes me worried that Pete may be cheating on Patrick with Mikey.

On the other hand, Mikey has become much more outgoing than he once was and appears to be finding his way through a complicated journey known as self-discovery. He's also stopped styling his hair to look like there's a birds' nest on his head.

I feel like Pete is less of an asshole fuckboy type and more of a rude and somewhat annoying best friend than he was when I first met him. Which is an improvement in everyone's eyes.

Ray has started eating lunch at the Magic table. You know, the cardgame? Yeah. He's been getting really into that. In conclusion, he hasn't been spending as much time with any of us.

Frank's seizures have been happening a lot less since his last change in medication. They tend to only happen when he's overly tired or is in a relaxed state with a lot on his mind. Frank himself has been stealing my comic books and never giving them back and I've made him a key to my front door that looks like an electric guitar. He also keeps eating all the left-over pastries and desserts without telling anyone, so I'll wake up in the middle of the night wanting something to eat and then when I go to open the fridge, everything either good or midly acceptable is gone. His personality, on the other hand, hasn't changed all that much. He's still very sweet and openminded, but he seems to be getting better when it comes to social situations. He does still have problems and he does still have a lot of different cases of anxiety, but he's trying and I know it's not something he can completely overcome. He's gotten mad at himself for the imperfections he has when it comes to mental health, but I've been doing my best to help him accept the things he can't control and I've been making sure that he feels okay with any plans that have been, or are in the middle of being, made.

I haven't noticed anything different with myself, but that's to be expected.

Now, back to the party. I was a little reluctant on inviting Brendon because I was scared that he might invite his own friends, and it would impact Frank in an incredibly negative way to have an environment that he views as a safe place filled with people he's never met before, and I don't want Frank to have the pieces that took so much time and effort to glue back together correctly fall apart all over again.