Chapter 51 ~ I'm finally done with this piece of frick

September 12, the two year anniversary
**Frank's POV**

I woke up to an empty bed, the covers on Gerard's side pulled back. I looked around the room and saw a note on the bedside table. It read, 'I'm in the kitchen. I have a surprise for you :)'

I rolled out of bed lazily, the skin on my arm still sore from a bruise that I got a few days before from trying to climb the tree to get into my old room. My mom let me move in with Gerard and locked the door the night I needed to get the last few things.

I raised my arms above my head and stretched, my shirt lifting and showing the lower part of my stomach that sticks out a little. I left our bedroom and went out into the the living room (or the den-ish thing that Gerard and I like to call the living room) to see the TV on blue screen, which meant he had a movie he was about to start.

I went up the stairs and eyed the various photographs and drawings and paintings that littered the walls, paying close attention to the drawing Gerard did of me in the field two years ago, fall colors all around and a quilted blanket beneath me. I learned to love that picture not too long ago, the way the scars litter my legs and how pale my skin was. I like the scars now. They make me think of such vivid pictures to make a police officer pity me. I don't want anymore. I don't need anymore. But I like the stories they tell. Next to that hung another picture of me, but with a scarf wrapped around my neck and my cheeks red with nerves. I remember that night. It was when Gerard and I went to San Francisco, which was a surprisingly cold place, for winter break and we had gone to Ghiradelli Square. He got a 6 shot mocha while I stuck with a peppermint latte. We sat on the fountain together and he wouldn't stop taking pictures of me with his old Polaroid he got when he was fourteen. I smiled at the thought of that night and continued walking up the steps.

I saw Gerard standing in the kitchen in baggy Batman pj's, flipping a pancake casually, watching skillfully as it flew higher. He caught it perfectly in the middle of the pan and I saw his cheeks pull back into a smile. "Hey," I said aloud. He jumped slightly before turning around and setting the pan down on the burner.

"Hey," he greeted me happily. "I wasn't expecting you to come up so early." He walked up to me and hugged me, one of his hands coming up to play with my hair. He pressed a chaste kiss to my forehead before going back to the stove and adding the pancake to the ever-growing stack.

He put two on a separate plate for me and I walked over to him, watching as he spread raspberry jam into the shape of a heart. He turned around and shoved the plate into my hands. "Today's Weekend Pancake Report, or WPR for short, is buttermilk with jam," he smiled sweetly.

I giggled quietly to myself. "Thanks, Gee."

"My pleasure." He smiled at me, showing his oddly small teeth. "C'mon, let's go downstairs. I have the Adams Family waiting in the VHS player."

I nodded my head and followed him down the stairs, carefully stepping over the one that broke last week from both of us stepping on it at once.

I sat down on the small couch, my plate in my lap, while Gerard sat down next to me, an odd, square shape bulge in his pocket. I eyed it for a few seconds before shrugging it off and beginning to eat my pancakes.

Suddenly, there was a remote in his hand and he was pressing play.

It was not the Adams Family.

It was a video of himself with a ring. Saying my name. Both the Gerard on the screen and the one sitting beside me sat in front of me on one knee, speaking in perfect sync, "Frankie Anthony Iero Jr., will you make me a promise?"

I had no clue what to say, so I just sat there with wide eyes and nodded my head slowly.

"Do you promise me that, no matter what, you'll be with me forever? Because I promise that I will do the same for you."

I felt my nose start getting stuffy, my eyes watering, and I gave him my honest answer.

"Yes."