Chapter 50 ~ Goddamn I really need to get this story finished

September 5th, a week before Gerard and Frank's two year anniversary
**Gerard's POV**

I got my driver's license a month before and decided that I was suddenly able to go anywhere I wanted. Luckily I was very cautious and safe on the road so it wasn't much of a hassle for other people.

I told Frank that I was going to the mall to fill out job applications when I was actually going to get promise rings for the two of us as a present. Hopefully he didn't know the real reason. I wanted it to be a really big surprise.

I drove to the mall and found a parking spot fairly easily, going through the whole process of putting the car into park, rolling up the windows, and turning it off. I got out, locked the car, and continued on my voyage to find a nice ring for Frank.

I looked on the map in front of the mall to find that Kay Jewelers was just around the corner. I walked into the small store to find that it was mostly empty. I guess people don't really come around here on Saturdays.

I looked around at the different styles of rings and found one with a heart in the center and the circadian rhythm (heart beat) behind it. It reminded me of a year ago when Frank and I were talking and he told me that he didn't just love me, but that he felt like he was falling in love with me. Loving someone and being in love with someone are two completely different things. Love is caring about someone deeply, while being in love is when your heart and soul are completely invested in someone. A smile pulled at the corners of my lips as I thought about that night. I decided that this was the ring I wanted.

I told the person at the counter which one I wanted and gave him the ring sizes. He said that I could pick up the rings Tuesday afternoon.

I drove back to my house and traveled down to the basement, where I saw Frank flipping through one of my older comic books, sitting on the couch with one leg over the other, a large floor lamp hanging over his head. I watched as his thick, calloused guitarist fingers turned the page, his hand coming up to rub his eye as the other held his spot in the slippery pages of the comic.

I went and sat next to him, laying my head on his shoulder and bringing my phone out to check Instagram and take a few pictures. Frank put the comic down and gently lowered my arm into my lap, bringing his arm around my waist. His large hand toyed with my newly dyed red hair as he held my hand in his own. He pointed out what I had written on my arm, shoving my sleeve up and examining the large letters that spelled out "CAREFUL" in all capital letters.

"I haven't seen this one before," he told me, running the tips of his fingers over the inky letters. I let him pull me closer into his body and I rested my head in his chest, breathing in every piece of him, everything I could, everything that he was in that very moment was mine to love and to treasure for all it was worth. I allowed my eyes to slip closed, practically melting into him. He kissed the top of my head and I outstretched my arm to lay over his stomach.

"I love you," I said, opening my eyes to look at him.

He smiled down at me, running his fingers through my hair, the gentle tug relaxing in my calm state. "I love you more than the moon and the stars and all the galaxies combined," he finally replied, bringing his hand down to rub against my back. I slid my hand up his chest and gripped his shoulder as I got up on my knees, burying my face in his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist loosely and I smiled to myself in content.

I was thinking about something and I felt like I wanted some Ramen. I asked Frank if he wanted some and he just nodded his head. I got up from the couch slowly before heading upstairs to the kitchen. I got a large pot out of a seemingly random cabinet and filled it with water before grabbing two packages of noodles and unwrapping them, dropping them into the pot. Suddenly, I felt two strong arms wrap around me from the back and a certain someone rest their chin on my shoulder.

I spun around to see Frank staring up at me, nothing but love and belonging in his large, honey-green eyes. He looped his arms around my neck loosely, getting up on his toes to be level with me. I bent my head down a little to meet him the rest of the way, his soft pink lips pressing against my own chapped ones. I let my hand guide itself to his hair, running through the mess of curls freely, tugging gently every once in a while, knowing that he likes it when I do that. He pulled back and smiled at me before nuzzling his face into my neck.

"You smell really good," he mumbled quietly.

I chuckled lightly to myself, playing with his hair a little more. I smiled at him happily. "Okay, my tiny creep."

"I'm not tiny," he sighed into my chest, moving his arms to wrap around my waist. I rested my cheek on the top of his head and we stood there for a long time, swaying slightly and breathing deeply. I heard sizzling from behind me and realized that the noodles were boiling over.

I turned around and turned the heat down, taking the pot off the burner for a couple seconds. I stirred the noodles and asked Frank to test a noodle and he politely agreed. I picked one out and he opened his mouth for me to drop it in. He stood there for a few seconds, thinking about his answer.

"I think they're good," he said. I then took the pot off the heat and drained most, but not all, of the water out. I then separated the noodles into two bowls and gave Frank a little extra. I pushed his bowl and a flavor packet over to him and he ripped the small package open, dumping in just enough powder for his liking.

I did the same for my own bowl before cleaning up my mess and walking back down to the basement with Frank.

**KIND OF IMPORTANT**
It took me like a week to write this so I hope you guys are happy with it. Thanks for reading, vote if you enjoyed. Also, I'm having some trouble continuing this, so comment if I should keep writing in this or stop it here.