Chapter 21 ~ Living for someone who might not live

**Gerard's POV**

I kiss Frank's cheek and leave the hospital room after saying a quiet, 'I love you, Frankie.'

I cried myself to sleep that night. Did he punch the mirror? How could he have done it? It was right after I admitted to him that I loved him. He said he loved me back. We could've fallen asleep together. We could've woken up to each other with smiles on our faces. But I guess that wasn't an option...

I woke up with a damp pillow and tear-stained cheeks. I looked in a the mirror to see a completely different person staring back me. He had an emotionless stare and dark circles beginning to appear under his eyes. I wish Frank had never broke the mirror. I wish he never had to go to the hospital. I wish he never fell into a coma. Not to worry, though. After all, the doctor said that Frank would come to in about two weeks. I can last that long...

...Right?

I think I can.

But what if he doesn't wake up? Just the thought makes me need to sit down. So I do. I slide down the wall to sit on the bathroom floor. I begin sobbing. A few minutes later, I hear the door creak open. "Geebear? Honey, what's wrong?" The concerned voice of my mother asks.

"Go away." I hiss.

She only sits down next to me. "Is it Frank? Honey, I am so sorry that happened." She soothes, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I begin to sob harder, bringing my face into my palms. "I just wish he hadn't done it." I tell her.

"Don't worry, Geebear. They said he'd be awake in two weeks." She attempts to calm me.

"Yeah, but what if he doesn't?" I say. An expression of shock makes it's way onto her face.

"Honey, don't think like that! He's gonna be fine." She tells me.

"You don't know that..." I mutter under my breath. She doesn't hear me.

**time lapse to after school**

I walk to the hospital instead of walking home after school. Frank is the only thing in my mind.

I get to the receptionist's desk and ask to see Frank Iero. She gives me the room number and I head that way.

I slowly push the door open, peeking in to see Frank laying on the bed, still unconcious. I don't know what I was expecting. He won't wake up for two weeks.

I sit in a chair beside the hospital bed. I look at Frank. He's still really pale. They took his makeup off when they cleaned his wounds. He still looks beautiful without it. Why did this have to happen? They said he punched the mirror. How could he have done it? We said we loved eachother. I don't understand why he would've done it. Unless...

No.

No.

He can't.

There's no way.

AN: Oh, shit. I'm so sorry this is getting depressing. Anyway, sorry for not updating for a longer time than usual. I had to study for finals and stuff. Anyway, I'll see you when I have time again.