26) Coward

" Mew , Don't argue with me. You have to meet your dad and tell him . Convince him and then bring Gulf for a family lunch, maybe we could proceed further after that. " Mew's mom spoke on the call.

Mew rubbed his temples" Ma, I'm not arguing. I'm just telling you why I need time. You know dad won't be happy and it won't be easy. " He said.

" So? What are you planning to do then? How long are you gonna keep your mouth shut ? I don't understand Mew. He is your father . Don't you respect him enough? Or don't you value Gulf and your kid atall?" His mom questioned.

" Mom. You know very well I respect them both. That is the problem. And Gulf , I don't know if he's ready to meet him." Mew sighed.

" Whatever Mew. You know it yourself. What you are doing isn't right. By the time you both are ready , I'm sure I'll be attending your kid's wedding. " She cut the call.

Mew sighed again and closed his eyes.

He only opened them when he heard a notification sound. 

Ava:' I'm outside your studio. In the car. Got the stuff.'

He just texted her to come up and drop them but she refused so he went to the basement parking lot.

Ava was leaning on her car.

" Can't you just come up and drop them " he asked  with a bored expression.

"Ava raised her eyebrows " why should I? I'm not the one with a pregnant partner" She asked. " Be grateful , you don't know how much I had to go through for this." She continued.

True , she , a born princess had to go shop these books and stuff about maternity , motherhood and parenting because Mew couldn't do it without grabbing attention.

It will be on news even if his manager or workers got it for him.

Mew rolled his eyes before reaching out to open the car door.

" Hey wait don't open..ah…"  Ava slapped a hand on her forehead and turned away from the car.

Mew looked at the scene baffled.

 A very muscular , dark skinned guy sat at the back seat . He had all the baby products on his lap  and he held the books beside him with one had while waving the other one at Mew.

Who's this hunk? Mew couldn't help but wonder .

" Who are you?"  He asked.

Before the other guy could answer Ava rushed in.

" Not important. Now take this things so I can  drive home after dropping him somewhere. " She said trying to grab the stuff but the other guy scooted away, shielding it.

Mew moved back.

' This looks sus' he observed.

" What? " She asked the dark guy, pissed before turning to Mew,

 " How about you take those instead of standing like a model in a photo-shoot? '" She asked him, equally pissed.

Mew slowly moved towards the pair, still eyeing them suspiciously.

" Give it  bro, I'll take them from here " offer the dark skinned guy .

The guy shook his head before speaking" No," 

He turned to Ava and questioned" wasn't it for our baby ? That miss said it was for us. Why give …"

Mew 's eyes nearly popped out and he heard nothing after our baby …. Not even Ava's choking and coughing .

" What the hell? I'll fucking throw you in a police station" Ava roared.

Argh, she unfortunately stumbled upon this weird guy while shopping.

 He approached her and started rambling about all the imaginary stuff that he could cook up,

About how he is from another universe, and how he's some spices , the name which was too hard for Ava to remember. The weirdest thing you ask? Well that was him mentioning that Ava and he were fated pair.

Ava clearly consider putting him in a mental asylum or in a police station. He has to either have a mental disease or he's a pervert trying to hit on her in the creepiest way possible.

But yeah, she was in this shop , having a book named ' for mother's guide to pregnancy' when an aunty who knows her showed up and concluded Ava and that guy were secretly having a baby.

Finally she couldn't get rid of this guy and he tagged along promising he'll stop following her after explaining his part.

Ava sighed trying to shake off the memory.

" You're having a baby ?" Mew's eyes darted to her stomach but Ava smacked him hard on his head.

" Ow" Mew moved back.

" Explain " he demand and Ava signed before leaving with Mew leaving the dark guy alone.

____________________________________________

" So you're hanging out with this creepy guy you just met all alone? How brave . " Mew said.

" Let's talk about me later." She dismissed Mew.

" Tell me why you're upset first" she continued.

Hence , Mew told her all about his mom's call.

" She is right though" Ava said sipping her coffee .

Mew scoffed.

" What ? What exactly are you planning then?

Both marrying a women each and jiggle the baby to and fro , cooking up stories on who is his biological parents , have a secret relationship with each other?

 Still being the same coward I met first. Afraid to commit then , scared to declare now. " She said before getting up to leave.

" Nothing good in this world comes without a fight ,Mew. If you don't fight for love, are you even gonna fight for anything else? 

Remember no one like to be in a relationship without security, not me, not you, not Gulf and not even your baby ." She said before leaving.

It did it . 

Mew thought he was no more a coward, but he seems like he is. He will overcome it this time .

He took a deep breath before reaching out for his mobile. He looked at for some time before quickly texting Ava a thankyou and be careful with that guy. Then he proceeded to call his mom.

" Mom, I'm coming home today evening. Will Dad be available?" He asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// I'll not go into details of Ava's story but it will be mentioned here and there till she confirms her love interest. Don't worry, it'll just be a few words and it will have impact on main leads latter in the story.