27) Dad

" You're going home today?" Gulf pouted while drinking his soup.

Mew nodded his wiping off the soup staining Gulf's lips.

"Can't you go tomorrow or sometime in the morning?" Gulf asked.

Oh god it's just been a couple of weeks since they started to live together, Mew is quite busy during the day and  he just doesn't want to miss their time together after evening.

Mew shook his head " Gotta go darling. To tell you father in law  not set me up with someone else again because he has a tiger for son in law who'll vent the anger on his son."

Mew smiled at Gulf's confused face while he comprehend what was just told. Gulf then flushed but tried to play it cool.

Either Mew is too flirty or Gulf lacks in being romantic….

" You're not gonna tell dad about me , are you?" Gulf asked, stirring his soup.

What if that's the end? What if his father manages to convince Mew out? Or …

" I am. He deserves to know that I have fallen in love with someone, and that he's gonna have a grandchild. I can avoid telling him your name if you aren't ok with it. But I am going to tell him I am in love with a wonderful guy. " Mew smiled

" No, its not like that. I'm just scared and nervous. Not ready for the drama now, you know like we just started being together and this baby and all ." Gulf shrugged.

" Trust me , will you?" Mew asked, caging Gulf's hands in his.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" How did it go Mew? How was his response?" Mew's mom asked as soon as he stepped out of his dad's study.

Mew sighed before giving her a small smile " He is upset, but he came to terms with the reality now."

That's a very short way to sum up an hour long confrontation.

His father faced backlash when Mew and Wills controversy happened, now this cements the rumors that claim Mew is gay while he isn't entirely.
He does like girl but no-one's gonna care now.

So of course he was angry. It will also affect him. But when Mew asked him to give one reason why he should not marry a guy apart from being branded gay, he had to realise the truth.

What reasons does he have? A child? No, if whatever Mew said was miraculously true ,the couple are soon gonna have a child. Even if it's not the case, Mew can have a child .

Finally Mew did win the battle but his dad was still sour.

It's fine, time will change it. It's fine even if it doesn't happen.

" Did you talk about inviting Gulf to lunch tomorrow?" Mew's mom asked.

Mew looked at her with an accusing expression.

He just came out to his dad, then revealed he already has a boyfriend and finally confessed he got that boyfriend pregnant even before marriage.

Which his traditional dad was so pissed about.

She definitely want Mew thrown out of the family or killed.

" Ah, you didn't. Fine, leave it to me . Just join us for dinner. I'll convince him." Mom said.

" Mom, I can't , Gulf will be alone. Moreover it is too soon for them to meet and we don't know if Gulf is ok with it. " Mew said.

" You guys already have a baby and started talks about an engagement. Seriously , you guys should be more than ready now or be prepared to have a no guest no family wedding. "Momma said.

" I'll convince Gulf if needed. Stay. " She ordered before leaving for her husband.

Mew stood still, far too tired.

Then the familiar caller tune brought him back .
It was Gulf's call.

" Hey darling?"

" How's everything Mew? " Gulf tried to sound calm but Mew knew him far too well.

" Very good darling. Dad is little taken back but is ok with it. I'll leave after dinner, if it's fine with you." Mew added.

" Really? Nice. Just make sure he is really ok with it though. Come fast after your dinner. " Gulf did sound relieved.

" He's truly fine. May take him some time to warm up to us though. And I'll be early , have something light, I'll bring you some mama's food ." Mew assured.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Dear, I was wondering if you are free tomorrow afternoon ?" Mew's mom asked her husband while passing him some meat.

" Not sure, but nothing very important. Honey, what's the matter." He asked her.

" Mew and I thought it would be good to invite Gulf to lunch tomorrow. " She said .

" Carry on. I won't disturb" he replied.

" Gulf's coming ? " Amy , Mew's sister asked.

" Yeah , don't get too excited to meet your brother's lover" Mew's dad replied.

" Dad, stop teasing P'Mew, we all know they're Phi nong " Amy counter.

Mew choked for the second time the same day.

Amy quickly offered him water.

" Yeah yeah, phi nong who have a baby on the way" Mew's dad scoffed but stopped when his wife glared.

" Amy , it true. I'll explain later. " Mew's mom shut her off.

" Dear, we want you to be present…." She told placing few more dished on the plate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" So you're telling me we have to attend a lunch with your family tomorrow?" Gulf asked Mew who was preparing a plate for him.

" Yeah, it's not like you didn't do it before." Mew argued.

" Well, it's different now and I never even met your Dad. " Gulf squeaked.

" I'll be there, please Gulf. Let's get over with  this soon. For my sake , please , or for baby's sake?" Mew asked.

He was about to place a pork slice on the plate but Gulf stopped him.

" No pork please, it makes me nauseated. Just chicken will do. " Gulf said.

Mew nodded before doing as told.

" So?" Mew questioned.

" So …. I'll come. For your sake." Gulf said before grabbing the plate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------