Chapter 22 - Taking The Easy Way Out

After we had a (noisy) bonding at Carlton, Nicky insisted to walk around the neighborhood because he wanted to see the beauty of Sligo. Well, they were never disappointed. Sligo is a peaceful place ;)

Our feet was definitely taking us everywhere, until we finally reached the certain park where we usually hang out. We took a rest but Nicky isn't drained yet. He even wanted to play football.

"C'mon guys!" He pulled Shane's arms. "Shane!"

"No. I don't want!"

Brian stood up. "Let's go lads! Kian! Mark!"

The two immediately stood up and started walking away when I stopped them.

"Hey! Won't you invite me to join you?"

"We don't like to play with you. You're a pro and we don't want any girl beat us, especially you." Brian winked.

They left me standing there with a shock on my face. I don't know what to feel when he said those words. Is that even a compliment that I should be proud of or an insult that I should be mad at?

After a few seconds they were already running towards the kids who were already playing football. This is going to be fun to watch. I looked to the person next to me. Shane. He is happily watching them. Then suddenly I remembered something.

"Shane, you said earlier that you'll tell me something. What is it?"

"What?" He looked at me with a hint of confusion.

"You said you'll tell me a secret!"

"Huh? I told you that?"

"Yes! You whispered to me earlier. Tell me!" I insisted. His eyebrows are meeting each other. "Don't tell me you forgot!" I widened my eyes at him.

He looked at the sky as if he was thinking very deeply. "I don't remember saying anything like that earlier."

I frowned at him. "Fine." I released a breath. If he doesn't want to talk about it then he could have just told me instead of pretending that he doesn't remember it.

He looked at me and then he pinched my cheeks. "Just kidding! I really remember it." I released his hands while he was giggling like my younger brother.

"Ouch! I hate you." I moderately rubbed my cheeks.

"No, you don't!" He teased.

Enough for the sulking, Ana. "Okay! But could you just tell me what it is?"

He travelled his eyes away from me and they stayed to a specific spot I can't exactly pinpoint where. "To be honest, I'm hesitating to tell it because it's supposed to be a secret."

"So you hide secrets from your bestfriend now? You don't trust me?" I teased.

"It's not what you think." He told me while staring straight into my eyes. I can see the seriousness in his eyes. "Maybe some time you'll be able to know it." He just gave me a thrifty smile.

"Okay." I didn't insisted anymore.

We were just quietly watching them play with those kids until he decided to break the silence.

"Ana?"

"What?"

"What if someone told you he likes you?"

I suddenly looked at him. He's being random so random now, and honestly I don't like it. "W-what do you mean?"

"Like, if someone really adores you and tells you he likes you, what would you do? Or what will you tell him?"