Chapter 12 - A Total Mystery

CHAPTER 12: A Total Mystery

(Sligo, Ireland, May 1994)

I don't know what's wrong with Gillian these past few days. She always want to be with me whenever I go. She even told me she wanted to sleep over at my house!

Since the school year is about to end, I agreed with her beg. There's only less than 7 days left before summer vacation. That's why we won't be seeing each other in two months.

I woke up earlier than usual today. I cleaned my room and I kept everything in their proper places, especially the notebook.

When I was finished, I did my morning routines before going to school.

I and Gill were together all day. She was so excited to go home. With me. I guess I can't sleep early today because we're going to have chit-chats before sleeping.

We are now here at my room. What she did? She jumped into the matress. She's not excited, right?

"Oh my God, Ana. Your room's so large!" She said while embracing one of the pillows.

"That's what I also said when I arrived here in Ireland. It's been a year already, so I'm used to this."

"Don't you feel lonely in a room like this?" She asked.

"Sometimes, when I'm doing nothing or just simply lying on my bed. Let's go down now. It's dinner time."

We went downstairs and we ate our dinner. Gillian can't concentrate eating because Ronnie keeps on disturbing her. What a boy!

"Hey Ronnie. Can you let our visitor eat well?" Here comes angry Gail. But she's not actually angry, she just gave him a fierce look.

"Okay." He said softly, and he lowered his head, but I can see he's staring at Gill from the corner of his eyes. Haha! I can smell something...

When we finished our dinner, we altogether watched a movie. But Ronnie didn't stopped tickling her. That's why I locked him in my arms. Later on, I found him sleeping soundly. He got tired, I think. Mum Fiona carried him to their room, and I and Gill went upstairs.

"I can't believe Ronnie's like that!" She said and she dropped herself onto the bed.

"He really isn't, but then you're here!" I said and I giggled.

"Hey, what do you mean?" And she sat beside me.

"He seems to like a type of girl like you."

"Are you kidding me?"

"No. I just found out about that earlier."

She looked up and closed her eyes. "Why am I so pretty?"

"Oh, why is it so windy all of a sudden?" I said as I embraced myself.

She laughed slightly. "Ok fine. I lose." She gave me a haggard look and placed an 'L' sign on her forehead.

"But Gill, honestly, you're really pretty."

"But Ann, honestly, you're prettier than me."

I covered my ears and I said, "Gill, my ears are getting bigger!"

We burst to laughter. I love talking nonsense with a friend like her.

We already laid ourselves on the bed, but still we're talking random stuffs. I was really surprised when she asked one thing.

"What do you think about Shane?"

I felt a suddent burst of my heart when I heard her question.

"What do you mean?"