Chapter 13 - Moments

CHAPTER 13: Moments

That night, I felt sad, because Gillian is leaving. *sigh* How I wish Gillian will be okay wherever she may go.

I felt sad because Shane is sad, too. I hope he'll be fine sooner.

I lied on my bed, and closed my eyes to relieve myself. Then someone knocked the door.

"Come in." I weakly said.

"Ana, come down. Dad wants to talk to us about something." Gail said.

"About what?" I said as I sat at the edge of my bed.

"I don't know. It's a surprise, he said." Then she got out of my room.

I followed her downstairs. I was wondering what dad wants to talk about. I doubt it's because we did something wrong.

At the time I came in the living room, I saw dad. He was sitting very relaxed. That made me forgot my thoughts.

“Good evening, Ana!” He cheerfully greeted. My soul lightened up.

“Good evening, too, dad!” I took a seat. “So what do you want to talk about?”

“Well, I was thinking… These past few months, we don’t have a formal bonding and we all want to have this. So I and your mum decided to go on a vacation.” He explained.

“Really dad? So, where shall we go?”

“To the country’s capital city.”

 “You mean… dad, we’re going to Dublin?” Gail asked.

“Yes, dear!” Dad replied. That made Gail more excited than I am.

“When will we go there?” I asked.

“If everything’s settled, then we’ll go next week.”

“Wow! Dad, how long will we be staying there?”

“Two to three weeks, depending on how you enjoy the ambiance there. Also, I’ll introduce you to your cousins.”

“For sure, you’ll be enjoying there, Ana. Our house there is as big as this, and it’s near the city centre. So I guess we’ll enjoy shopping also.”

A picture of Dublin in my mind popped out. Gosh, I’m getting more and more excited!

“Okay, then! I’m so into that!”

“Finally, we’ll have our first vacation with Ana. Are you excited?”

“Yes, I am, dad! I’ll go sleep now. I’m kinda tired. Goodnight dad!” Then I kissed his cheek.

“Goodnight, my princesses.” Then I headed towards my room to sleep.

~ ~ ~

Two weeks passed and everything’s settled and fine. The whole family is ready and excited. We’re going to Dublin! J

I went biking for a while outside and saw the three walking.

“Hey!!!” I shouted as I clutched at the break.

“Hey Ana! What’s up?” -Kian

“Well, honestly, I’m excited.”

“For what?” -Mark

“I and my family are leaving for a vacation.”

"You're leaving?" -Shane

"Don't worry guys. It’s just a short vacation."