Chapter 33 - Across The Miles

Because I'm already 18, I'm supposed to learn how to live by my own, which I still don't want to do right now but I have to. I have a dream for myself that I want to achieve but now, time is going too fast that I wanted to slow down. I'm not ready for the real life yet.

There are a lot of 'but's clouding up my mind right now as I pack my things and leave for London. Yes, I am going to London to study. It has been my dream ever since I figured out what to do for the rest of my life. I know I'm not going to live with my family forever so this is the start of being independent.

I zipped the last luggage I packed and placed it beside the other two large bags. I examined my almost deserted room and sighed. It's sad to say I'm only going back to this place during holidays.

My whole family was with me at the airport waiting for my flight, spending the rest of the time that we were together.

"I can stay with you if you want." Dad offered.

"No dad. I can't learn to be independent if I let you!" I raised my index finger and shook it.

"How about you Gail?" He turned to my sister who seemed busy texting someone.

"Dad, I have my own business!" She responded and looked back to her phone. We all just chuckled.

It's true, she now have her own boutique and is running pretty good. I guess being independent also applies to that.

"I can't wait for Ronnie to be independent too!" Dad remarked.

"No. He's my baby boy." Mum objected.

"Mum!" Ronnie frowned. We all chuckled.

We can't deny the fact that Ronnie is growing up too fast. And to my surprise, he is serious in his studies at a young age.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I excused myself before picking it up.

"Hello Kian!"

"(You're in the airport already?)"

"Yes. Why?"

"(Okay. I'm from your house. Don't leave yet okay! I'm giving you something.)"

I smiled. "Sure! What is it?"

"(You'll know later when I arrive.)"

"Okay. I'm waiting."

"(See you!)"

I went back to my seat and dad asked me.

"Who's that?"

"It's Kian."

"You know, he looks like a nice guy. I think he likes you."

"That's what I was thinking back then!" Gail added.

"Hey!"

"If he asks you out, don't be shy, accept his offer."

I remembered the night of my birthday. When Gail asked if we are dating or something and he said 'not yet.' I'm not numb or naïve to not feel something for that.

"Dad, that's impossible. We're good friends, nothing more than that. Besides, he's so busy together with the boys for their next album to even go out and have fun."

That's what I honestly feel now. But nothing is constant except for change. Only God knows what will happen next...

"Ana!"

I looked around to see him walking towards me.

"Hey!"

H e waved at my family who's just a few meters behind me.