Chapter 29 - The Pain Isn't Over

I stared at my watch. 6:37pm. I'm all dressed up for the celebration slash party or get-together that the lads had invited me to. I don't know what I'm supposed to act in front of the others visitors because for sure, they are music producers and all those persons who work for behind them (which will be my career in the near future). I don't know what will be the first thing I'll say in front of Louis Walsh the moment he will say 'Hi' in front of me. And I don't know how I will act in front of him (you know who) after I refused to talk to him last time. My goodness, it's been two months. This would be awkward.

A car, or a limousine, rather, just outside our house blew its horn. Maybe it's the lads already. I fixed the thin blazer I put on before leaving the house. I thought I was going to see Kian or Mark in front of me but it's just the driver.

"The boys of Westlife have told me to fetch you. Please come in." He offered.

"Sure. Thank you."

They have really got into a point in their career where they can use limousines to easily fetch whoever they want. And as the closest friend of them I feel so privileged.

We have arrived at this luxurious hotel in which the party is currently held. There were only limited persons invited, and some are celebrities that I can't help but stare in awe. Especially Boyzone. And Ronan. Good thing I prepared for this and I don't look awful.

But where are my lads?

My lads? Really?

Okay. Where is Westlife?

"Boo!"

I flinched when someone had put a heavy hand on my shoulder. I turned to see a tall and handsome Brian in a suit.

"Woah! Brian, you don't have to scare me like that!"

"Oh sorry. But honestly, you look good tonight!"

"Thanks Bry! You do look great too! By the way, where are your bandmates?"

"Oh yeah. They're over there. Still busy talking to some other big bosses."

"Oh I see. Hey! How did you guys even get a limo just to fetch me?"

"Ah! Louis allowed us to make use of our limo. We're you amazed?"

My eyes widened. "That's your band's limo? Wow!"

"Definitely!"

"Can I be your bandmate too?"

We both laughed but in a way that we will not catch other people's attention.

"There you are!" Kian arrived and tapped Brian's shoulder.

"Oh Ana! You're here too! Did you just arrive?"

"Uhm yeah." I nodded. And there's something inside me that thinks he'll say something more. But no.

"Join us in our table."

Brian left for a while and go to the cocktail section, while I and Kian took a seat from this round table.

"Later on, we're gonna be sing on that small stage for our special visitors..." Kian told me

"That... includes me?"

"Mhmm." He nodded.

"You know I really hesitated in attending here-"

"What? Why?" He wondered.

"Uhh no. It's not what you think. It's just that I was expecting this to be like a party among you, the management, producers and all the people who worked with you and your album. And I'm not a part of it."