Chapter 2 - Me Against Them All

CHAPTER 2: Me Against Them All

While in plane, I asked my dad.

"Dad, uhm, where in Europe are you living?" I asked him because I still don't know.

"In Sligo, Ireland. It's a wonderful place you're gonna like it." He said with a smile.

"Oh, I see. Did you live there since birth?"

"Yeah. I know everyone there. And some people know me as well." He replied. I didn't asked another question. Instead, I slept.

Later on, he woke me up. "Fasten your seatbelt. We're landing off." I did what he told me.

At the airport, I saw a woman together with a young lady and a 4-yr-old boy walking towards us. They are dad's family, if I'm not mistaken.

"Fiona, this is Juliana. Ana, she is your stepmom. She's Gail and he's Ronnie, my youngest." Dad introduced.

"Hi Ana! How's the trip?" She asked.

"It was nice but a bit tiring." I answered.

"From now on, you will call me mom. Okay?"

"Yes... ah... mom." I said awkwardly.

"Let's go home now!" Dad said, and he excitedly carried our luggage bags, went out of the airport, and placed the bags at the car.

The car entered a gate. Inside the lot was a two-storey house. And it's so cool!

"Is this your house dad?" I asked while still looking at the house.

"Ana, this is OUR house." He said, emphasizing the word 'our.'

He get our luggage from the car. "Follow me." Then I did so.

We went upstairs and he opened one room. "This is your room. Hope you like it!" Then he placed the luggage bag at the bed.

In great amusement, I admiringly observed my room. Yeah, it's huge. And the matress... I can't say anything. I can easily sleep very well tonight. :))

"Oh dad... I love it!" I said to him.

I looked at the wall clock. It's 4:30 pm in the afternoon.

"I'll leave you first, okay?" "Okay dad." I said. And then I placed my things in the closet. And because or tiredness, I fell asleep on my bed.

I woke up at 7:30 pm. It's dinner time. While eating altogether, my stepsis opened a topic.

"Mum, Dad, I'm gonna held up a slumber party this weekend. I'm gonna invite my 3 friends." She said seriously.

"Oh, great! Include Ana in your party. So you will know her better." Dad replied.

"Dad, it's her and her friends' get-together." I said, objecting dad's statement.

"No, it's fine with me."She said. She smiled but I assure it's fake.

"Okay. Conversation finished. You will join Gail's party."

~ ~ ~

Tonight is the scheduled slumber party of Gail. She was about to buy cookies at the grocery but then I said I'll be the one to bake. She smiled and said thanks. After that, she asked me to clean her room.

After a couple of hours, her friends were already at her room. And I climbed upstairs to bring these cookies and juice to them.

I knocked at the door and waited for response. Then one of her friends opened the door.

"Oh, girls, here are the cookies!" She said and gets the tray from me. "Take a sit there and enjoy!!!" I sat at the nearest chair shyly.

Gail grabbed one cookie and raised her eyebrow. I felt something strange.

"I should've continued buying my favorite cookies at the grocery." Then she looked at me. "This doesn't taste good." And she threw the cookie to me. It hit my face.

I immediately placed my palm at the area between my cheek and my nose. "You're really that bad, huh?" And they laughed. They didn't finish eating my cookies. Instead, they throw it in the trash.

"Hey... Don't waste it... Don't trash--"

"Oh...sorry!" She said sarcastically. "Wait, there are some cookies left. Here. You think your damn bad cookies are wasted? Eat them all!" And she placed the tray on the table beside me.

I noticed the tear falling down my cheeks."Why are you doing this?" I asked out of the blue.

"Oh my God. You don't know? It's because you don't belong here! You came with dad to experience wealth! I don't like you! You're just a badluck in the family! If I were you, I would go back to where I came from."

"Gail, aren't you afraid of what your dad's gonna do?"

"I don't care. I just want to get rid of the TRASH." She came near me. "Get out." She held my arm tightly. While at the door, I released my arm.

"If you don't want me, tell me personally! I'll be the one to go away. I'm still human and you should treat me fairly! You should know how to value things worked hard by others and--"

*pak* She slapped me. Then I sarted to walk away.

"Goodbye, cry-baby!" And I saw a grin on her face. And my vision started to get blurred.