Chapter 16 - Back Home

CHAPTER 16: Back Home

The rays of the rising spring sun woke me up from sleeping. The morning's still early so I decided to go out with my bicycle.

It's been a month since I last used this bike. And it's been a couple of days since we arrived here in Sligo. Honestly, I'm still having a hangover from our out-of town and out-of-country. I already miss my relatives back there in the Philippines, as well as the two boys I met in Dublin.

Minutes later, I noticed my bike's front wheel is kind of deflated. This needs to be repaired immediately, so I decided to go home. Instead of taking a U-turn, I took the other street which also leads back to our house. Not long after, I heard a disgusting sound. There goes my wheel. It went completely deflated, so I rode off and started walking with my bike.

By observing the sun rays, I can say it's 7 in the morning. This nice day started right, but bad luck came my way. Oh no. Not again.

I happened to pass by at Carlton café. Before I finally left my sight at the café sign, my stomach grumbled, telling me to enter. Besides, I haven’t taken my breakfast yet. I let my feet walk towards it and I rested my bike near the entrance door. I took a seat at a table for two near the glass wall so I can clearly see the view outside. Not long after, a lady staff came to take my order.

“Welcome to Carlton Café! Can I take your order ma’am?”

While handling the menu, my eyes travelled towards the counter.

Where is he?

Clear it. Why am I even looking for him in this early morning?

“Uhm… an order of pancake with butter & caramel syrup, a tuna sandwich, and a cup of hot choco.”

“Would that be all?”

I nodded in response.

“Your order will be up in 5-10 minutes.” She said before she left my table.

I wandered my eyes outside, staring at the moving clouds up in the sky, then looking at the faces of the busy staff and the customers inside, searching for a familiar face. I found no one. I spent my time doing those things until my order came in sight. I paid my bills and smell the scent of my yummy breakfast. I started eating the pancakes before I decided to take a sip of the hot choco. Carlton’s hot choco is really good. I can still remember the first time it was introduced to my sense of taste.

-----*------*------

Shane came in the living room with two cups & saucers in his hands.

“It’s hot choco. It’s more delicious when it’s cold outside.” He said and he sipped his hot choco.

-----*------*------

“Hmmm… No matter what the weather is, it’s delicious.” I said to myself, smiling.

“Really?”

“Really.”

Whom am I talking to?

“Who’s that?” I tried to look behind me, and I found no one.

“Boo!”

“AAAHH--!!!” Shane covered my mouth.

“Oh my gosh! You surprised me!”

“You surprised me, too!” He sat down in the vacant seat in front of me.

“Since when were you back?”

“A couple of days ago. Why? Did you missed me? Haha!” Ana, why did you ask such question?! Don’t be too showy!!