Chapter 5 - How Does It Feel?

CHAPTER 5: How Does It Feel?

(September, 1993, first day on secondary school)

Dad brought me and Gail to school. Yes, we're entering at the same school. Unluckily, I don't know anyone here aside from my sister, that's why I'd like to come with her wherever she go. 

She noticed I'm following her. 

"Why are you following me?" She annoyingly asked. 

"I'm unfamiliar here." 

"Don't follow me! Go somewhere else and ask someone to bring you to your classroom!" She quietly said. Then I obeyed her. 

If only Mark, Shane, and Kian are here, I'd be willing to walk around here with them, but they're in other school. Hope I'll found a friend here. 

While walking, a girl bumped me. 

"I'm sorry." We both said. 

"I'm really sorry. I didn't notice your presence." I said. 

"No, it's alright. It's my fault. I'm not looking on my way." She humbly said. 

"It's okay. I'm okay. Uhm, can I ask a favor?" I finally have the guts to ask someone. 

"What is it?" 

"I'm unfamiliar in this school. If it's okay with you, can you help me find my room?" 

"Sure! By the way, I'm Gillian Walsh." She stretched out her right hand and I stretched mine, too. We shook our hands. 

"I'm Juliana Connelly." We released our hand and start walking. 

"You're a Connelly?" She asked. 

"Yes. Why?" 

"What's your relationship with Abigail Connelly?" 

"She's my half-sister. Why?" 

"How's she? Is she nice to you?" 

"Yeah, but honestly speaking, not all the time." 

"Isn't she hurting you?" I was bothered by her question. 

"Why are you asking those things?" 

"Because she's the meanest girl in school! She bullies whoever she wants, and she started doing that since she entered that group of friends." She said as she pointed the group of students afar. 

I became silent while staring at the students she pointed. 

"I'm sorry for asking you many things..." 

"It's alright. At least, I knew another thing about her. And I wanna change her." 

"Woah! You can?" 

"I think so." 

Then we entered a room. We're classmates. Thanks destiny for bringing us here together. 

First day as a secondary student is great. Thanks to Gillian. 

~ ~ ~ 

"Ana, you have a letter." Mom Fiona said and she handed me the mail. 

"It's from mama and kuya!" I excitedly said and I went to my room. 

As soon as I reached the room, I immediately opened the letter. 

After reading it, I pulled a stationery paper and I decided to reply them as soon as possible.

======000======000======000====== 

Dear Mama,

I'm so happy that you have mailed me a letter. I really miss you so much especially my big brothers.