Chapter 24 - How Was I To Know?

Who said Love is everyone's destiny? Well it is true. But in my case, it's not. I'm in a relationship with books and reviewers for like, weeks already. And anytime now, we'll be engaged. -_-

I've been recently seeing myself as a music producer or a journalist in the future. That's why I'm so concentrated in passing my exams, especialy the upcoming entrance test for a prestigious school in London (which I will take just here in Dublin.) The lads have been wishing me luck. They even invited me to watch their gig right after my test. Good chilling, maybe.

"Ana?"

I looked at the slightly-opened door of my room and revealed my sister. "Yes Gail?"

"Kian's on the telephone. He wants to talk to you."

Kian on the telephone. There's only one thing that came up on my mind: update.

Maybe there is.

"Okay, coming!"

I rushed downstairs, directing towards the phone stand and I picked up the phone right away. "Hello, Kian?"

"(Ana! Hi! How are you?)"

"Besides being stuck wih reviewers, I am fine."

"(Did I disturbed you? I'm really sorry!)"

I shook my head. "No! You don't have to be. I even want to thank you for making me escape those papers. Haha! Besides, I know you have something important to tell me, right?"

"(Oh, yes. So... we're gonna be live on the telly tonight!)"

He was supposed to give me an update. I'm quite disappointed yet I admit my eyes grew wider in great surprise. "Are you serious?!"

"(I'm not kidding! You should watch us later!)"

"That would be fantastic! Sure, of course! I will definitely not miss it."

"(Okay Ana. I need to hang up now. We're about to rehearse again in a few minutes.)"

"What? Wait a minute!"

"(Why?)"

"No updates?"

It took him a few seconds before he responded. "(Ahh. Uhm, so far nothing's weird. He's not acting strange.)"

"Did he asked for my number?" Gosh. Ana, you sound so desperate.

"(He didn't bother- I mean, he's busy. Too busy to even hang out with us outside. Shane's always been in the studio writing songs for the album.)"

I smiled at the thought of him writing songs because he's inspired. *blushes*

"Oh, I see. By the way, where are the other lads?"

"(Still with Louis. I just sneaked out from the rehearsals just to tell you this.)

"Am I keeping you up?"

"(Uhm... not really but I guess I need to go back now.)"

"Okay boyband lad! Bunch of goodlucks to all of you!"

"(Thanks, Ann! I'll just call again. Bye!)

"Bye!" I finally said as I put the phone down.

"Why is he calling you?" Gail acted like an investigator when I was about to go back to my room.

"He just told me something."

"Are you and Kian... something?"

"What? No! We're friends. Bestfriends."

"So is this another best friend-"

"No, Gail. He's even helpi- I'll explain it to you later."

"You better reason out well." She warned. I just shook my head while releasing a breath.