Chapter 6 - I've Crushed on Him

CHAPTER 6: I've Crushed on Him

Months passed and I'm happy because I always have weekly conversation on the phone with my mom and 2 brothers in the Philippines. 

Dad and my stepmom Fiona always bring us elsewhere. Ronnie always play with me but Gail snobs me.

Gillian became my bestfriend at school. And I got more close with my male bestfriends.

But I started to feel something for Shane. I've got a little crush on him.

While on my way back home from school, I met Mark and his mum.

"Hi, aunt Marie! Hi Mark!" I greeted.

"Mark, is she your girlfirend?" aunt said.

"No, mum! She's our bestfriend! She's Juliana, remember?"

"Oh, yes, yes, I remember. I'm sorry, son! Haha! Okay, I'll go home now, okay?" Then she giggled while walking away.

"I'm sorry if she talks like that." Mark apologized.

"No, don't be. I know she's just kidding."

"Yeah. She likes to tease me to girls. But I end up hating them."

"Haha! Why?"

"You know... I'm gay..."

"Oh, I see. Wait... YOU'RE WHAT?! YOU'RE GAY?!" I raised my voice in great shock.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm just shocked." I immediately apologized.

"It's okay."

"Does Shane and Kian know about this?"

"Yes. They wholeheartedly accepted me for who I am."

"But I wonder why you can easily admit that. It's not obvious, you know."

"Yeah, I know. I'm gay in a way that... I get attracted to some boys."

"Oh, that sounds... strange?" We both smiled.

"Yeah. But don't get me wrong, I'm not attracted to Shane and Kian because they're our bestfriends. And I guess bestfriends are not meant to be attracted to each other."

My smile faded. 

"Why? Did I said something wrong?"

"No, you didn't. It's just... something bothered me."

"What is it?"

"I don't know if it's the right time to tell you but..."

"You're attracted to me? Oh no, Ana, don't."

"Not you, Mark! But I think I might, if you didn't confessed to me that you're gay."

We both laughed.

"But kidding aside, tell me your secrets. If you continuously hide it, it'll burden you."

"I know." I sighed. Then we looked at each other's eyes for a long time. I kept on breathing deeply.

"I have a crush on Shane." I finally said.

He smirked. And shook his head slightly. I looked away.

"Don't be like that Mark. If you do, I'll take my words back and I'll tell you i'm in-love with you!"

"Okay, okay, okay. But since when?"

"I don't exactly know when this feeling started, but I just suddenly felt that 'something' when I'm with him. I feel like I always want to see him. And when he says my name, my heart skips a beat.

"That's really a crush. No doubt."

"I know. But you know what? I want to control my feelings for him because it's progressing each day, and the fact that I like my bestfriend is something that... sucks."

"There's nothing wrong in that, Ana. But I think your decision of controlling your feelings over him is something right. You will prevent the chance of being hurt."

"For now, I will try to act normally when he's around. And please Mark, don't tell anyone else. It's our secret, okay?"

"Of course! I promise you. I'm a good secret-keeper."

I feel contentment after he promised to me. But what feels better is that my burden inside is not heavy anymore.