Chapter 8 - I Wonder How, I Wonder Why

(A/N: I would like to say sorry again for the long wait. I was seriously busy these past few weeks. And right now, my schedule starts to get lighter, so I managed to update another chapter, which is mainly about Ana's Birthday Celebration. Hope you like it :)))

CHAPTER 8:  I Wonder How, I Wonder Why

(3 January, 1994, Sligo, Ireland)

Mama and my brothers/cousins greeted me today through phone. Today is my 13th birthday, my first birthday here in Ireland and better, it's my first winter birthday! I was about to leave my room when... 

"Hi, Ana!" Gail greeted as she leaned her body on the door, her left arm resting on the opposite side. 

"Hello, Gail. Excuse me, I'm going downstairs." I said as I brought her arm down, but instead she put it again on the same position. 

"Wait Ana, uhm... can I ask you one thing?" She tries to divert the topic. 

"Get it faster. I'm going down." 

"Uhm... actually, I--" 

**pokkk**  (A/N: Sound of a burst balloon >.<)

"Hey, what sound was that? Is there something going on downstairs?" I started to wonder. 

"No, no no! It's nothing! You know, New Year's celebration's just finished. Maybe... left-over firecrackers." She reasoned out. 

"Really? can I check it out myself?" I asked and I tried to escape from her defense. 

"No, no, no, Ana. You haven't even answered my question to you." 

"Well, Gail, you still aren't asking me anything. So if you don't mind, I'm going out of my room now, okay?" I insisted and tried to escape again. 

"Wait, Ana! I already remembered my question to you!" 

"Are you really going to ask me or not?" 

"Of course I will! So--" 

"Let's do it outside of my room, okay?" 

"But--" 

"No more but's, Gail." Then I went out of my room, while she was holding my arm. 

"What the hell?" I reacted. 

"Why?" 

"Will you loosen your grip at my arm? My blood here isn't circulating." I said as I was planning to do my next move. 

"Okay..." She hesitantly said. 

1... 2... 3!!! 

By the time she loosen her hand, I immediately took her hand off of me and hurried downstairs to know what going on downstairs. She chases after me. 

I entered the dining area to where the noise is coming from and... 

"SURPRISE!!! HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY JULIANA!!!" Dad, Mum, and Ronnie shouted. Shane, Mark, and Kian were also here. 

"What can you say, Ana?" Gail happily said. 

"I'm speechless!" Then we all giggled. 

Our dining table has balloons at the corners, and a 2-layered circular mocha cake at the center with a "happy birthday Ana!" on top of it. Then cupcakes surround my birthday cake. There were other dishes placed at the table. 

"Sponsored by Carlton Cafe!" Shane proudly said. 

"Okay! Who planned this?" 

"Your beloved sister!" Mark said.