Introduction to Jasmine Foden

Hi, 

My name is Jasmine Foden and I'm a racing driver... More specifically hoping to be a Formula One Driver for McLaren. And yes I am the twin sister of Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden. 

It's strange how most people think twins do the same thing as each other. But that's where you are wrong. From a young age both me and Phil have been into sports. We both liked football, so we both started attending football training from about the age of 3 but after a year and a half I started to lean towards motorsport and I was fascinated by the speed of the cars and I knew from that day on I wanted to be like them. I idolised Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher. So my dad started to take me karting and from the moment I stepped foot into my first kart, I was a natural. I still did football but I mainly focused on karting but football was my main hobby. When there was a race, Phil would attend and be my number one supporter and if there was a match, I would be his number one supporter. When I'm not racing, I play some football between two clubs one being Manchester City and the other being Chelsea. 

As the years go on my racing career took off and I met my 3 best friends, Lando Norris, George Russell and Alex Albon and we quickly became known as the paddock pranksters, because we like to play pranks on the other drivers. Me and Lando were extremely close as we were team mates at Carlin. 2019 season of Formula One came around and my three best friends have moved to the big league and I was still in Formula Two, trying my best to be with them and race against them again. But we still supported each other. They would come and watch my race and I would watch their race. Also, both myself and Lando wee apart of the McLaren Junior driver programme. But the season Lando moved up to McLaren, I was put in as test an reserve driver which I was happy about, meaning I get to travel with the team every weekend, just in case they need me at the last minute. 

My Brother on the other hand, plays for the England National Team, so when I've got a break in training, I got with Phil to St Georges Park and hang out with them. But me and Gareth team up and make them do the tough training that I have to do as a racing driver and it is funny to see them try. My best friends in the England team are Mason Mount, Declan Rice, Jack Grealish... Well lets just say the entire team. Harry Kane is like a big brother to me and always tries to keep Phil in check when he's training. 

The number on the back of Phil's Man City shirt is 47 but my race number is 74 so I'm just flipping it around. The reason we chose to do this was that we would be close to each other, even though we are far apart. 

So, come and follow me on my racing journey as driver number 74. 

See you on the track real soon, 

Jasmine Foden

P.S. You might see me on the pitch as well