17

After going to MTC for some sim training on the Imola track, I mean several hours, it was finally time to go home and by god, I was over the moon. Before getting in the car, I thought, just check my phone to see if I had any messages. To say the least, I was bombarded with texts off of Max and Lando saying 'where are you?' 'you said you would be back by 1pm but your not' 'answer your bloody phone woman'. The list could go on. I take a look at the time shown on my phone and it says 16:24. Yep, I'm in for a possible small shouting match, the minute I walk through the front door. But mentally I'm preparing for carnage. 

Finally getting into my car, I can finally set off home. Luckily it was only a 10 minute drive, which isn't too bad. But that 10 minute drive is going to turn into a lot longer because of the traffic, which is going to do my head in. Whilst sitting in the traffic, I was singing along to a variety of different songs that we on my playlist, mentally visualising the Imola track and oh, planning my introduction for my Netflix appearance on drive to survive, which I'm doing whilst I'm in Imola. 

 But what felt like an eternity of waiting I was finally on my way. After the 10 minute drive plus the 50 minutes of waiting in traffic, I was turning down my street and then pulled onto the driveway, to then park up next to Lando's bright papaya orange McLaren and switched the engine off, grabbing my bag and getting out the car. Walking up to the front door, just about to put the key in the lock, the door flys open to reveal two very annoyed looking lads, staring at me. 

"Where the hell have you been?" Lando shouted 

"Not a single text from you to lets us know you were going to be later than 1pm" Max yelled

"Oh not even a hello Jas. How was your day?" I sarcastically said. 

"I was going to text you but whilst I was at Cobham, Zak called me in for sim training on the Imola track and I've been doing that since 11:30 this morning. I was stuck in traffic on the way home, I didn't have my phone charger in the car to charge my phone as it ran out of charge" I answered. 

"Am I allowed in the house or do I have to stay on the doorstep tonight?" I sarcastically said.

The boys finally moved out the way and I walked into the house, dropped my bag at the bottom of the stairs, kicked my trainers off and walked into the living room to plop myself on the sofa. Leaning my head on the back of the sofa, slowly drifting off to sleep, I hear Lando walking into the living room to then sit next to me on the sofa. 

"Sorry for shouting at you when I opened the door. It wasn't fair and it certainly want very nice of me to do that" Lando apologetically said. 

I then turn to look at my best friend

"It's alright Lan, I should have texted you after I found out I had to go to MTC and that I was going to be home later than planned" I replied calmly

Just then there was a stint of silence flowing through the room. But then Lando spoke up to break the silence.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about something," Lando said whilst looking at his best friend 

"What is it, Lan? You know you can talk to me about anything?" I replied whilst looking into his eyes 

Lando took a deep breath, and then spoke 

"Well I've been meaning to tell you this for a while but I'm just going to say it. I have feelings for you, I like you more than friends but I've been too scared to admit them because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. When you fell asleep on my shoulder during pizza night whilst we were in Bahrain, I knew then that I loved you. I've been in love with you since our karting days" Lando said whilst on the verge of tears.