2

Wednesday 6th January 2021

After spending a week with the family it was really nice, being able to see my brother, dad and nephew and having a very enjoyable Christmas with one of my dad's famous Christmas dinners, which I absolutely loved. Having cuddle time with my nephew was nice and playing with the toys he go for Christmas. That little boy gets spoiled rotten by the entire family. I even got him a mini race suit to match mine saying Ronnie 74 on the back, which made Phil laugh.

But today, I am in Woking to sign my contract with McLaren but I'm hoping to bump into Lando after signing the contract and tell him the good news. As I'm pulling up to the technology centre, I could feel myself getting more and more excited about being a Formula One driver for the teams I've always supported throughout my entire motorsport career. I've parked my car which is a white BMW 1 series, and I'm now heading into the technology centre to sign this once in a lifetime contract and I walk up to reception.

"Welcome to McLaren, my name is Clara, how can I help you?" The receptionist said

"Hiya, my name is Jasmine Foden, I've got a meeting with Zak Brown at 10:30" I said

"Ah yes, I remember Zak mentioning this. Let me take you up to his office" Clara replied

Clara got up for her desk and took me upstairs to Zak's office. When we get to the office, she knocks on the door.

"Come in," an American voice said

"Hi Zak, I have Jasmine Foden here," Clara said to Zak

"Send her in" was the reply.

Clara stands aside and I walk into the office.

"Hiya Jasmine, come on in and take a seat," the McLaren CEO said

I take a seat in front of Zak's desk and I could see my contract on the desk. I was trying to contain my excitement for joining the team as an F1 driver.

"Okay Jasmine, here is the contract about you joining the McLaren F1 team. It just outlines everything that you have got to do and what you could expect over the course of your contract. I've got to personally say this, I have been wanting you to join the F1 team for so long but I'm just glad your part of the team now" Zak said.

"I'm looking forward to being part of the team. It's been a dream for so long. My twin brother is pleased for me. I was over the moon when he told me he was going to be playing for the senior Manchester City team. I still occasionally play football but sometimes I do cover matches if a player cant play but they make sure that I'm not racing that weekend." I responded

I spent about 10 minutes reading through the contract Zak handed to me, so I understood what I was signing. After reading the contract, I picked up the pen and signed on the dotted line and it was now OFFICIAL! I am a McLaren F1 driver and I couldn't be happier. I handed the contract back to Zak and he also handed me a copy of the contract for me to keep for legal reasons.

"Okay Jasmine, your trainer is Jon, the same as Lando, because I know you two live together. Your PR is Kevin Smith, who was with you during your time when you were a part of the junior team. Now it's official, we will get you sized up for your race suit and all your team wear and then we will get you on the sim and do laps of the Bahrain track" Zak told me. I nodded and headed out of the office, to meet Kevin downstairs near the canteen. But as I was heading towards the stairs, I could see Lando walking into the building.

"Oi Lando" I said in my thick Manchester accent, whilst waving at him from the balcony. I pretty much ran down the stairs and gave my best friend a hug.

"What are you doing here and what are those papers?" my best friend asked me.

"Well I can tell you that I am no longer in Formula 2 but I'm now racing in the big league, as your teammate," I said and I could see Lando's eyes go wide before he pulled me into the tightest hug known to mankinds.