10

OH MY GOD! It's my first official race weekend as a Formula One driver and I'm buzzing to get out on track as I can hardly contain my excitement. Reminds me of the first time I went to a football match. Just the pure enjoyment of the adrenaline. I got up early and headed to the track before Lando was even up. I just needed to be in my own space to make sure that I have a clear mind, for when I'm out on track. I'm literally about to take on the world.

It's only 10am, and I'm walking through the practically empty paddock, apart from the odd few engineers from different teams walking about. Instead of going into the hospitality unit, I sit on the steps outside to just take the moment in and that in just a couple of hours' time, I'm going to be in my first official free practice session with all cars on track. Nerves are already setting in, with my palms starting to sweat and a small knot in my stomach wanting to explode but I can get over the nerves. To help with my abundance of nerves, I grab my headphones out my backpack, then connect them to my phone and start playing the theme song from Girl meets World. 

As the song starts playing, I start to sing quietly 

I feel all right, I'm gonna take on the world
Light up the stars, I've got some pages to turn
I'm singin', oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh
I've got a ticket to the top of the sky
I'm comin' up, I'm on the ride of my life
I'm singin', oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh
Take on the world, take on the world
Take on the world
Take on the world, take on the world
Take on the world
Puzzle pieces, throw them up into the air
Taking chances, moments happen everywhere
I got you to live them with me

The paddock starts getting busier and I'm still singing 

Flyin' high, I won't look down
Let my fears fall to the ground
I feel all right, I'm gonna take on the world
Light up the stars, I've got some pages to turn
I've got a ticket to the top of the sky
I'm comin' up, I'm on the ride of my life
I feel all right, I'm gonna take on the world (Take on the world)
Light up the stars, I've got some pages to turn
I'm singin', oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh
I've got a ticket to the top of the sky
I'm comin' up, I'm on the ride of my life
I'm singin', oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh
Take on the world, take on the world
Take on the world
Take on the world, take on the world
Take on the world
Take on the world, take on the world
Take on the world (Take on the world)
Take on the world, take on the world
Take on the world

During the song, I scrolled through insttagram, looking at Man City, Chelsea, McLaren and F1's pages to pass the time. All of sudden, I feel someones presence right behind me and then a set of hands on my shoulders and then......

"BOO!" Lando screamed 

"AHHHHH" I screamed and turned to see my teammate laughing at me. 

"What was that for you pillacking idiot" I said with annoyance 

"I just wanted to scare you" he replied.

"Please don't do that again. I'm already nervous as it is this weekend 

Lando sat next to his best friend and put his arm around her to comfort her, like he has always done whenever she has felt nervous. 

"You going to be just fine Jas. You hear me. You aced it yesterday during media day and your going to ace this season. I have so much confidence in you" Lando told Jas and she just nodded and the pair got up and walked into hospitality and then up to their driver rooms to prepare for the first practice session of the season. 

As Jas didn't need to be in the garage for another 40 minutes, she grabbed her phone and decided to message the  groupchat that has some her close friends just for some entertainment before heading outoin track.