4

Today is the day myself Lando the rest of the McLaren team into Bahrain for testing ahead of the first race in a couple of weeks time. Testing is the most amazing opportunity to sit in the car for the very first time and get a real good feel for what it's going to be like. Being able to drive hundreds of laps around the circuit pushing the car to the limit to see whether there are going to be any major flaws or minor flaws that need to be sorted before the first race.

It's 6:30 am, and I'm already up ready to head to the airport a certain someone is still fast asleep meaning I have to go and wake someone up and they're not going to be happy well that's tough bloody titty he's going to have to deal with it.
I head back upstairs walk along the landing and knock on Lando's bedroom door, to see if he's awake or if I'm going to have to go in his room and physically wake him up.

" Lando wake up now we're going to be like you got to get to the airport!" I yelled.

I stood outside his room for about five minutes and had no movement so I knocked on the door again praying that he will wake up this time or I will have to go to extreme measures meaning of stairs put in a bucket under the tap and fill g it with some ice cubes.

"Come on Lando wake up we have 20 minutes before we have to leave for the airport and I don't think Zach will be happy if we turned up at Heathrow very late" I screamed to through the door. But still no movement.

One big sigh of annoyance left my lips as I turn away from the door and head back downstairs to grab the bucket fill it with water and ice cubes before heading back upstairs I'm bursting into Lando's bedroom. Once getting back upstairs I head back over to the door and use my elbow to open the door before creeping into the room and walking over to the bed. I took a deep breath in and then tips the bucket of water and ice cubes over my best friend which is causing to set up instantly setting me off in the fits of laughter.

"What was that for Foden" Lando said with annoyance.

"Well for starters you weren't waking up and we have to be at the airport in an hours time I will meant to leave 15 minutes ago so get your fucking arse out of bed have a quick shower get dressed get downstairs put your shoes on and then we can get to the airport before Zak bites our heads off for being late" I replied with some sass.

After a 10 minute battle Lando finally got out of bed and headed to the bathroom for a quick shower and got dressed into some comfy joggers and Hoody before we left for airport.

As I got into the car Lando put our suitcases in the boot of his mini cooper D and then headed for the driver side of the car. Once he got into the car he plugged his phone in and put a Spotify playlist on as we pulled off the driveway and headed for Heathrow.

The drive from Woking to Heathrow is around 45 minutes and then then 45 minutes me and Lando were singing our hearts out High School musical and cracking so crappy Christmas cracker jokes that I've saved over the last couple of years.

As we are pulling up to the Long stay car park at the airport my phone buzzes when I receive a text from Zak say that he is in the terminal waiting f for me and Lando to turn up and I send a quick text back to tell him that me and Lando have just pulled up to the long stay car park and bar we will be in the terminal on 10 minutes time.

The car was finally parked and both mainlander got out the car and collected our suitcases from the boot before heading over to the terminal to catch a flight to Bahrain. After a five minute walk from the car park to the terminal we saw the rest of the McLaren team just outside the main entrance and I think me in Lando were the final members of the team to arrive. As we approach the team we are greeted by the CEO.

"Ah good morning Jasmine and Lando!" he said.
"Good morning Zak" Me and Lando said in unison.

After a small briefing outside the airport a team headed into the terminal and went straight over to the check-in desk to check in for our flight. Luckily no one went over the baggage limit of 23 kg because I'm paying I'm sure no one else will wanna pay a couple of hundred pound for being a few kilos over the baggage limit. It's happened to me once when I was in formula two. £294 I had to pay to get my bag onto that flight that one time. When I told my brother what happened he just pissed himself laughing I think a few very rude expletives rolled off the top of my tongue.

Once the bags were checked in we all headed through to security and then into departures. The best thing I like when i'm travelling is going to duty-free because I can buy some really good stuff. Some stuff that I can't normally get in the shops on the high street.

The first thing I done was find the nearest Starbucks to grab myself a Venti iced latte so I had some sort of caffeine in my system to wake me up. I then turn to my best friend.

"Do you want anything from Starbucks Lando?" I asked him.

"No thanks jazz" Was the response I got for my teammate.

After I have got my ice latte but mainland are headed to the seats near the window so we can live out onto the runway and see all the planes taking off and landing. We also started discussing what we're going to do in Bahrain after testing the weather to meet up with any of the other drivers whilst we're there. Just as land I was about to say something to me there was announcement being made over the tannoy.

"Passengers travelling on gulf air flight GF2 to Bahrain please make your way to boarding gate 52 as the flight is ready for boarding"

We both got up and headed to the gate and we're pretty much ahead of the rest of the team. Well from the amount of exercise me and Lando do, we're pretty much quicker on our feet. En route to the gate I'll make sure me and Lando have a passport and boarding passes out ready for the gate staff so we're not faffing about and hold another passengers up.

What we got onto the aircraft we headed to our seats which were in business class because we wanted to travel and comfort. Well travelling in economy, means limited leg room and uncomfortable seating and I know a certain someone would complain for the entire flight and plus the entertainment systems tend not to work that much in economy.

See you in 6 1/2 hours Bahrain and pray to God I'm still alive by the time I get there unless I have died of boredom from hearing Lando complaining that he's bored or that he's uncomfortable. Praise the Lord for noise cancelling headphones so I don't have to hear him for the duration of the flight.

Hi everyone hope you're enjoying my book 74 so far please comment your views so far