12

Phil's Pov

Today's the day, I watch my twin sister in her first ever Formula One race. So, I decided to invite a bunch of the football lads over to my house, so we can watch the race together, as they all support Jas and her career in motorsport. A majority of the lads are already here and we are just waiting for the arrive of Grealish. 

"Phil, how do think Jas is feeling?" Mason asked 

"I think she'll be alright! She's a confident driver, so there will be nothing holding her confidence back. I have proper good faith in my twin" I replied

As I continued chatting to the lads and watching the pre race programme, I hear the front door open. 

"Only me Phil" the Brummie shouted out 

"Alright Jack mate, just in time for the drivers parade" I said 

"Ah nice one" Jack replied. 

"Phil, there Jas running to the truck" Dec shouted as he pointed at the TV screen. 

The entire room filled with cheers and clapping.

"Guy shut up, she about to do an interview" I yelled 

Everyone shut up and was watching the TV, as my sister was about speak. 

Karun: Here with me now is the one and only Jasmine Foden. No Jasmine tell me how you feeling about your very first F1 race?

Jas: Well I'm nervous all morning to write down this morning and I got the truck because of all the nerves are a hard whack of nerves in the face. I spoke to a friend back home and he told me that I'm gonna do great that you'll be watching me because he didn't wanna miss my first race so big shout out to Jack Grealish for the support.

Karun: so you're starting P6 today where do you think you'll end up at the end of the race?

Jas: I'm gonna dream big names of the top 10 because it's either go big or go home and I'm gonna go big and I'm gonna show the motorsport world that I'm a force to be reckoned with and I'll do anything in my power to prove that I deserve my seat in the sport because only very few select people get to racing F1 and I'm gonna make sure my name is known

Karun: thank you Jasmine and good luck today

Jas: thank you

After the interview, I felt a hand, smacking on the back of the head and a bunch of 'oohhs' filling the room. 

"Jack! What was that for mate?" I yelled 

"As In was driving uo here, I had your sister on the phone, practically in tears, panicking. She was nervous and scared Phil. She was scared that she was going to crash and that she was going mess up and that people were going to hate her. Jas called you and you didn't pick up. So, she asked for me to whack you on the back of the head to knock some kind of sense into you" the current Aston Villa player said (I know Jack plays for Man City now but this when he was playing for Aston Villa).

"I'll call her late to make sure she alright " I said, before letting a sigh out. 

Getting up and grabbing some more snacks and beer, just before the start of the race, so I didn't have to get up and get them during the race was a good idea. As I walk back into the living room, the We Race As One message is being being played. After the message it was the national anthem of Bahrain. 

Having me eye completely focused on the TV, I could see the bright papaya orange car with the number 74 on in P6. I still couldn't believe my sister was in P6 on the grid for her first race . I'm beyond proud of her and before I knew it, IT WAS LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO!