41

Match Day! The day I have been looking forward to for months! This morning, I went for some training with the rest of the Chelsea lads, to prepare ahead of the match. Honestly its a pure honour to be captain for this match and I will be forever grateful for the opportunity.

Once at the stadium, I went to the ladies changing room, to get ready for the match but then nerves just hit me. Like they did on my very first Formula One race. My breathing hitched and my hands started shaking. Leaning my back against the lockers, I start sliding down and with my phone in hand, I call Lando and he picks up the phone immediately.

Lando: Babe, you alright 

Jas: L..Lan

Lando: Jas, you alright

Jas: I'm nervous Lan. Nervous that I'm going to fuck it up for the team

Lando: Listen to me now. You are Jasmine Wihlemina Foden, and you can do it. I believe in you and I will be watching you for the entire match. I love you so much baby. Now wipe those tears away and go and kick ass on that pitch like you do on the track. 

Jas: I will babe. I love you so much too Lan. I'll see you after the match 

Lando: See you after the match baby

I hang the phone up and leave the changing rooms and head to the lads changing room but I knock on the door before entering. 

"Lads are you all decent?" I shouted as I knocked on the door 

"Yeah we're decent" they all shouted 

I walked into the changing room and they all started cheering at me. 

"Here she is. Our captain for the match" Mason yelled 

"Alright, alright calm it down lads, we need to be on top for this match. Yes, we're against Man City and we are going to put them all on their arses and show that Chelsea is a force to be recond with and that they shouldn't mess with us. Yes, one Man City player happens to be my brother but tonight I'm his rival and tonight Chelsea is going to be declared champions. So let's go out there and show everyone what we are made of" I said in my little pep talk. 

Before leaving the changing room, Jorginho hands me the captain's armband and I smile with so much pride and I'm going to do justice to the team and bring them to victory. Waiting in the tunnel seems to be the longest period of time. Tightening my high ponytail and doing some breathing exercises, I calm my nerves, I was ready to kick some ass on that pitch. 

Walking onto the pitch, I felt in the zone, I was in my second happy place and I was proud to be out there tonight. As both teams walked to the centre of the pitch for the national anthem, I could see my brother and I mouthed 'good luck to him and he did the same in return, even though we were rivals for the night. After the national anthem, everyone moved into their position and took the knee, as a sign of respect. A coin toss was done and the ball was starting with Man City and then the whistle went and the Champions League final had began. 

Fernandinho starts with ball, running down the centre of the pitch and then passing the ball over to Stones. Just as Stones is about to pass the ball over to Walker, Mount swoops in and takes the ball and start running down the pitch with it. I look over to Mount and gesture that he pass it over to me, which he does and with a successful retrieval of the ball, my aim was to try and boot the ball into the back of the net but I didn't want to risk it, so I passed it over to Chilwell. 

Nearing the half time marker, running up the side of pitch to catch the attention of Tammy to pass me the ball, he ended up passing it to Rudiger but I look up at the seats behind the dugout and see my smiling boyfriend mouthing 'I'm so proud of you'. Seeing that warms my heart and a few minutes later the half time whistle went and we all headed back down the tunnel to the changing room. Well I just stood outside the lads one, waiting for them. But I knock on the door. 

"Is it alright if I come in lads" I said 

"Yeah it's alright" I heard Gilmour shout. 

So I open the door and walk in and see them all sitting on the bench and I walk to the centre of the room. 

"Right. It's currently 0-0 and we've had several attempts at scoring goals and we've failed. We have 45 minute left of the match after half time. 45 minutes left to prove ourselves and make ourselves champions. We need to pull our heads out of our arse and get our game on to be able to win. As captain tonight, we are going to show Man City who we are and what we are made and now let's get back on that pitch and it's now game on lads. Now group hug" I said and the entire team get up of the benches and come in for a group hug before we all, head out for the second half. 

Once back on the pitch, I look up to where Lando is and give him a cheeky wink before getting my head in the game. In my head, my mind is say '45 minutes go and you Jasmine are going to make this team champions'.

Chelsea was starting with ball first in the second half and I had the ball in my control, my aim was to get in the goal but it was too far out of my shot, to my right I saw Alonso and passed to him making me run nearer to the goal in case the ball comes back into my play. Alsono was about to pass it over to Gilmour but De Bruye to the ball out of Chelsea's play and now Man City was in control. 

Time was ticking down and I looked up at the clock to see that there was 16 minutes. 16 more minutes left of the game and I was extra determined to get Chelsea that well deserved win. With both teams having multiple attempts at scoring goals and not getting one. The clock kept dwindling down and it came into the final minute of the match and Chelsea had the ball in their control. I was running, well more like sprinting down the centre of the pitch towards the goal. Christensen had the ball, he passed to Rudiger who then passed to Chilwell who then passed to Harvertz who passed to Mount. 20 Seconds left of the match Mason passed the ball to me and I was striking distance of the goal and as soon as I had the ball at my feet, I booted it into the goal and the ball went into the back of the net just as the final whistle went. 

"JASMINE FODEN HAS SCORE THE WINNING GOAL FOR CHELSEA AND CHELSEA ARE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS" a commentator said 

I fall to my knees and all of a sudden I have the entire team piling on top of me and then they all pick me up, cheering and then they put me down and pull me into the tigherst hug I've probably ever experience. 

"YOU DID IT JAS, YOU DID IT" Mason exclaimed 

Still in shock I couldn't get my words out, Ben came over and put his arm around my shoulder 

"Jas, you have captained us to victory tonight but you made us champions by scoring that goal in the last minute" Ben told me 

"I know, I know" is all I could say. 

The Chelsea squad headed to the middle of the pitch to shake hands with all the Man City player and after that, Chelsea head over to get our medals and then walked up on to the stage but I was the last one onto the stage because I went to collect the trophy and ran and stood in the middle of all the lads and we all jumped up and down cheering with happiness that we had one the UEFA Champions League. I don't think we're ever going to forget this moment because it something that we are going to be extremely proud of for a long time. 

We all went back to the changing rooms and we had a little post match party and yes I did drag Lando along. Lando was telling me he was extremely proud and that the entire McLaren team was watching the match back at home and that the Quardrant lot were watching as well. The entire time we were having the little post match get together, Lando had his arm around me, even though I was extremely sweaty and probably smelly but he honestly didn't care. 

Me and Lando left the stadium before the rest of the team because we both needed sleep as we were heading off to Baku tomorrow afternoon and its a long journey as we have to fly from Porto to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to Baku ahead of the next race weekend and it also gives us time to climatise to the time zone, even though our bodies are use to travelling to different time zones week in week out. 

Now, bring on Baku!

Sorry its taken me a while to get this chapter out, as I've been busy and that it's not that good. Let me know your thoughts of the book so far.