9

Arriving at McLaren hospitality at the Bahrain circuit, we headed inside and was greeted by our trainer Jon, who showed us to our driver rooms for the next few days. Luckily, the rooms were next door to each other. Before walking away, Jon turned to both of us. 

"Both of need to meet me at the front of hospitality before we head to the garage as we need to do a small warm-up before you both get in the car" Jon explained. 

"Yeah, that's fine. I'll make sure that we actually get there on time because a certain someone has poor timekeeping" I replied, whilst staring at Lando. 

"Oh come on, I don't have poor timekeeping" Lando said sarcastically. 

I looked over at my best friend, giving him the 'oh yes you do' look, before turning around and walking into my driver room to get all my racing gear out of my bag and putting it on the sofa. I grab my backpack from the table and open it up, to get my hair bands and hair brush out, so i could put my hair in some plaits, before changing into my fireproofs and race suit. 

My hair was finally sorted and I was putting my racing gear on. Once that was done, I grabbed my balaclava and helmet, then left the room and headed to the front of hospitality to mee Jon to begin my warm up with Lando and when I get outside.... What a surprise, Lando isn't there. Well he claims to good timekeeping skills, but he obviously doesn't. 

"Hiya Jon, I'm ready to do my warm up, but I'm guessing we have to wait for Lando" I said to my trainer. 

"We can start and he can join in when he gets here. But I'm giving him 10 minutes to get here before i get Zak" Jon replied. 

"I have a better idea that willget his arse in gear" I said with a smirk, which made Jon laugh. 

I told Jon that if Lando, isn't down here in 10 minutes, I'll call his mum and tell that she needs to ring her son, to tell him to hurry up. Oh how mine and Lando trainer loved that plan. I always do it to Phil if he's running late, just call dad to give him a bit of kick up the arse about being on time and how it is important. 

Standing down the side of the hospitality unit, Jon is doing the tennis ball exercise with me, helping me focus on my reaction times . 

"That's good Jas! Focus is amazing. Have you been practising? Jon asked

"When I've had football training with Chelsea, I've been getting Mase and Chilly to do this exercise and if one of them annoys me whilst I'm concentrating, I grab one of the tennis balls and throw it at their head and it's rather funny when I do that, because they squirm like little girls" I replied. 

A few minutes passed and Lando hadn't come out for the warm up session, so I grab my phone and call Lando's Mum Cisca, to knock some sense into him. I dial her number and she pretty much picks up instantly. 

Cisca: Jasmine, sweetheart how are you?

Jas: I'm good Cisca. I'm just calling to see if you can knock some sort of sense into Lando, because he is meant to be with me doing a warm up with Jon before we get in the car for testing. 

Cisca: That boy and his timekeeping. How many minutes late is he at the moment?

Jas: He's 15 minutes late at the moment.

Cisca: Right, I will gibe that boy a call now Jasmine. We will have to speak soon 

Jas: We will. I've got to get back to warm up now and thank you for this 

Cisca: It's not a problem. Bye now sweetheart 

Jas: Bye