21

After having breakfast with Alex, I literally had to give the jacket back to him, before rushing over to the McLaren garage ready for FP1 and FP2. Once getting to the garage, I had a quick chat with my engineer Tom and team principal Andreas about my targets to hit within both practice sessions and that I should try my best to get the most out of each session today. 

It's now 20 minutes before practice and I'm standing at the back of the garage, staring out to the pit lane being in my own little world until I was interrupted by my boyfriend standing in front of me. 

"Jazzy, you alright," he said by placing his hand on my shoulder. 

"What? Oh yeah, I'm fine, just me being in my own little world, waiting for practice to start but overall I'm doing good" I replied to my boyfriend who is also my teammate. 

Lando stand next to his girlfriend and drapes his arm over he shoulder and starts to tickle her which is making her laugh. 

"Lan stop it, I won't have any energy for practice" I answered whilst giggling 

Lando moved closer to my ear, whilst moves his hands around my waist discreetly 

"You'll have tonnes of energy later and I know one way to help release some" he whispers in a sexy voice

My eye went wide and let out a little gasp before moving out of his grasp before turning to face my boyfriend 

"You kinky fucker, let's focus on this race weekend and then maybe after Sundays race, I might have a little something planned for you. Only if you get a podium" I whispered whilst having a cheeky grin on my face 

Lando's eyes went wide but just as he was about to say something we could a booming American voice from the other side of the garage and we both look in the direction of where the voice was

"Come on you two, time to get in the cars ready for practice" Zak yelled from Lando's side of the garage. 

We both looked at each other, did their handshake, gave each other a hug and told one another that they loved each other before putting their earpieces in,  balaclavas and helmets on and then attaching the HANS device before getting into the car. Once I was in the car, I was passed my gloves and I put them and then I was strapped into my seat, ready for the practice session. Doing some breathing exercises, I hear Tom's voice in my ear. 

Tom: Can I get a radio check Jas?

Jas: Copy loud and clear Tom

Tom: Just letting you know that Lando will be leaving the garage and you be leaving a couple of minutes after him 

Jas: That's fine by me, let's hope we get a good session in this morning 

Tom: Just do your best. 20 seconds till clearance 

Those 20 seconds when by as quick as anything and I was given clearance by one of my other engineers and I was putting the visor on my helmet down and driving out of the garage and down the pit lane towards the track. Let's hope I'm in the top 10 for this session. That's my aim for everything when I'm racing. 

Exiting the pit lane and driving onto the track, I'm now able to put my foot on the accelerator. Once on the track, I could feel my blood pumping around my body and the adrenaline kicking in and I was going around each turn at speed, occasionally going over the raised curbs. 

For the first 15 minutes of practice, I was just doing normal laps, getting the hang of things with the car on the Imola track. I decided to ask my engineer when I was going to do a fast lap.