01 II The boy with brunette hair

Clay walked down the long drawn-out hallways of the hospital. The dirty-blond looked around, a grin on his face, as he took in the scenery. The adventures he would have here were unimaginable. 

The boy strode up to a door on the left, and stood on his toes as he peaked through the window revealing the inside of the room. Just a man, lying in bed, his eyes closed. Nothing to do there. Besides, he shouldn't disturb the old man's rest. He probably needed it. Or atleast that's what his mother would say. 

The 10 year old boy continued to walk down the hall, his arms moving at his sides as he walked. His remaining arm, anyway. His other one was bandaged after he had been pushed to the ground accidentally by his friend. 

The blond turned a corner and stopped when he had heard a noise. He paused and pressed himself to the wall, wanting to hear what the people were saying. He peaked through, and immediately stiffened. Doctors. 

They spoke in hushed voices, probably about him. He may or may not have to be in his bed sleeping right now but was not because he would rather explore. His doctor nodded to the others and walked forward, causing Clay's heart to skip a beat. 

The dirty-blond turned back and looked around. If he would be caught he would be dead before he could manage a single word, his mother would be furious. He looked to his side and saw a door. No time. This could be his only chance. 

Clay ran towards this said door and pushed the door handle down quickly, rushing inside and slamming the door shut. His eyes were wide and his breath was shaky but made it all the more worse that a patient belonged inside the room and the patient was staring at him. Clay looked back at him. 

The two just stared at each-other for a while, one in confusion and one in shock. The dirty-blond wouldn't lie, he felt bad for intruding in his room but he wasn't doing anything so- The boy looked away from him and coughed. "Hullo..?" He said, hoping he didn't sound awkward. 

The brunette boy smiled at him. "Hi." He breathed, smiling. 

"Sorry for intruding into your room- I'm trying to escape from someone." He scratched the back of his head with his good arm, grinning. 

The brunette giggled. "No, It's fine! I haven't had company for ages! Except for the doctors, of-course, but they don't stay for too long." 

This got Clay to tip his head. "Don't you have visitors?" 

The boy shook his head. "What about your parents? Siblings?" He noted the way the brunette shied away, Clay cursing himself for doing so. That was pretty rude of him. 

"My parents are on a business trip. They can't really visit, and I'm an only child, so.." Silence met his answer. Clay looked at the ground before going back to the brunette. 

"What's your name?" He asked. 

"George." The other answered with a smile. 

"I'm Clay!" He called, as he climbed up the side of the bed. Obviously, with one arm, he failed, but tried to use his one arm to help out the other, and climbed onto the bed. "What're you in for?" 

He shrugged. "I'm not sure. My parents never told me. The doctors usually come here and put something on my hand that connects to a huge machine. It makes me really tired afterwards." 

Clay tipped his head at that. "What're you in for?" George asked, and Clay waved around his broken arm, the two staring at it as if it were a star in the nights sky. 

"How'd you break it?" George asked and Clay answered with a 'pshhh'. 

"A jerk pushed me down the stairs and it broke. Now I have to do everything with one hand." Clay waved it and dangled his feet on the bed, causing George to laugh. Clay grinned towards him, the laughter fuelling his system for new jokes to be spread. 

Suddenly, the big doors pushed open and the doctor walked in, a firm expression on his face. "You- Get away from him and go back to your room at once!" The words surprised the two but Clay only rolled his eyes. 

"I'm supposed to be asleep, but exploring sounds so much more fun! Do you know how big this hospital is, it's huge! Bigger then our school!" Clay emphasised by putting his hands in the air. 

George's eyes shone like stars. "Really?"

The dirty-blond nodded. "I can show you if you'd like!" 

"You will do no such thing, now-" The doctor began but a nurse came beside him and muttered something, glancing at the two as Clay talked on and on about everything he had found out in the hospital. 

"Look at him. He looks so happy. Have you seen how miserable he's looked lately? George needs this." The nurse reasoned, and looked up at the doctor firmly. The doctor looked back at the brunette boy and noticed how he smiled with wonder in his eyes as Clay went on. 

"I suppose he does." He muttered. "Come now, Clay." The man called, causing the dirty-blond to turn his head. "Your parents are worried sick." 

Clay rolled his eyes and sighed, getting of the bed and walking sulkily towards the doctor. "You can talk to George later, after he gets his treatment." The dirty-blond looked up at the doctor. "Really?!" When he nodded, he through the brunette a grin. 

"Get your treatment quickly, will you?" Those were his last words before the door closed and Clay was left to go back to his old, boring room.   

---------------

an: i re-edited this chap

for people who are asking how fast I write, I've already written this like- a few days ago, so- I was wondering wether to do the song thing again but- I dunno.

New story! How're we all feeling? 
A lot of you commented for the hospital au so here it is!
Hopefully it's original, I haven't really figured out the main plot yet- 

-twig