13 II Friend from the sky

"George!" The blond erupted into the room, swinging the door open and then closing it, rushing over to the lock-less boy and placing a kiss on his head.

George smiled in turn, opening his lazy eyes to look at Clay. "Clay.." he said and reached out towards him. The blond took his hand and held it to his chest. 

"Are you alright? Did you already go through your medication?" Clay asked, and the boy nodded. 

"That's good then. That's it for the week, eh?" The bumblebee nodded once again, and Clay sighed in relief. 

"That's good then." He said. He winced as the fireworks returned in his stomach, and he shook his head to fight the pain and grin at the other. 

"Are- Are you alright?" George asked, and Clay nodded furiously in response. 

"I don't believe you." 

Clay sighed in defeat. "I can never get past you, can I?" 

George shook his head with a grin. "Never." 

Clay hung his head and lifted his shirt. With a hung head, he waited for George to inspect him before a swarm of questions would be asked. "What- What happened?" 

"I- er- nothing." 

"Liar." 

"Okay- whatever. A bunch of older kids picked on me and.." He trailed off, no words able to leave his mouth. George stared worryingly up at him, and slowly started to get up. 

Clay paused and tried to convince him to rest, but the boy wouldn't listen and he hid his face in the blond's chest. Clay was held aback as the boy hugged him so fiercely he thought he could see the boy shake. "Go see a doctor, Clay." 

Clay sighed and kissed the top of his head. "I'm fine, bumblebee."

George repelled his face away and gazes at the scars, brushing his lips above them. Clay felt a small tingle in his chest that felt as if a bomb had been set off. He was more then flustered, blush forming on his face. 

"Go see a doctor, Clay. It's a good thing we're in a hospital, huh?" George joked. Clay pulled his shirt down and he looked away. 

"What's a dumb doctor going to do?" He mumbled, sitting cross legged on the bed, looking away, with a hand holding up his chin. George ruffled his hair and smiled. "Doctors are supposed to make you feel better. If they can't, then who can? Give it a try, will you?" He spoke softly, the way he always did when Clay was sad. 

Emerald eyes met soft, doe-like ones and soon Clay melted into the thought. George intertwined his fingers with Clay's, and soon the blond was only left to sigh and nod. 

"I met a new doctor. 'said he's gonna do his best to get rid of that sickness of yours." Clay explain, looking away.   

"Oh? Phil?" 

"Yeah!" Clay turned back to him. "How is he?" 

George shrugged. "He's alright, very kind. He says he's going to do his best to make me better." 

"He better." Clay noted. "I sat with him on the bus. 'said he had a friend and whatnot with the same sickness as you, that he's gonna make you feel better. Told him to make you better or else." 

"Or else what?" 

The boy shrugged. "Or else." 

"You can't put up a fight with a doctor!"

"Well, I did." Clay grinned. "But he wasn't mad or anything, he just- He just started talking about his old friend." 

"Poor man." 

"Yeah." Clay nodded slowly. "Poor man..."

"Clay?" 

"Hm?" 

"Go see a doctor." 

"What?! I thought you forgot!" 

George laughed. "I never forget." 

"Until you do."

"What? That never happens." 

Clay grinned at the young boy, and soon they fell into a laugh. Hands intertwined, wide grins tearing apart their faces, and a connection tugging their chests and playing with their hearts like a breeze rushing it's fingers through a flower. 

Suddenly, the door opened and two pairs of eyes turned to see the doctor. Phil.  

Clay shoved his hands in his pockets quickly, his cheeks flushing. "Hello sir!" George chirped. 

"Hello George." He said, walking up to the two. "I've come to see how you've been holding up." He turned his gaze to Clay in a knowing look, mystifying the young blond as to what he was supposed to say, to do. 

"Sir, he's hurt." George asked, and Clay quickly turned his head. "Am not." He mumbled. But George only looked at him with a small smile, and a soft look that made the boy melt into place. What had this guy done to him?

"I supposed as much. Where are you hurt, kid?" Phil asked, and Clay begrudgingly lifted his shirt and showed the man his scars. He was taken aback, it looked, but inspected them and soon repelled, looking to the two boys. 

"We have to get that bandaged as soon as possible. I presume you'd like to stay in George's room?" 

"Yes, sir. I'll take proper care of him." George smiled, making the blond scowl with a blush on his cheeks. 

"Oh, I'm sure you will." Phil said, and left, returning with a bandage in his grip. He slowly started rapping it around the boy, making small talk as he did. 

"How did you end up like this?" Phil asked. 

"'Fell." Clay lied. 

Phil stopped, and stared up at him . "A person does not fall and get scarred like this. You look like you've been in a fight."

"Maybe, maybe not." Clay commented, and Phil resumed his work. 

"Do any family members know your here?"

"Psht- no." 

Phil finished treating the boy and came to look at him, with a serious glint in his eyes. "No? Aren't they worried their child won't be home for dinner?" 

"My parents don't give two shits about me." He replied, leaving the elder to sand their with widened eyes.

"Thank you, doc. We're both fine now." Clay replied, and stood up wincing when the pain hit him. "Clay!" George fretted. The blond shrugged it off and shook, staring back up at the elder. He was only a little shorter then Phil, after all.

"Alright." Phil got out of his shook mode and left the room with a little 'i'll be back for another check'. 

"Clay?" George asked, and took out his hand to reach out for the blond. Clay gladly took it and pressed his lips onto the other's neck. "Don't worry about me, bumblebee. I'll be fine." 

-----

mars - sleeping at last : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpu2q0SCgP0

this has probably been my favourite chapter to write so far :D 

-twig