11 II Bullies

tw homophobia

Clay walked down the long hallway, Sapnap and Karl at his side, the two chatting about a chemistry project they had to complete. Clay smiled, glad the two finally tied the knot. Sapnap just looked a lot more happy now.

As they went on with their day, going to their next period, Clay felt himself slam against a locker. He was dazed for a moment before he turned to see a large boy standing over him.

Two had caught onto Karl's arms and Sapnap was trying to punch them to get away from the young brunette. Clay stood tall to meet brown eyes and realised who he was up against. Sophia's brothers.

"Why'd you get my sister in trouble, eh?" The big man threw Clay back onto the locker. "Answer. Don't be weak."

A horrible pain spread through him like wildfire, and he clenched his teeth. The boy grabbed the other by the coller of his shirt, and soon Clay was dangling by his feet.

"Clay!" Karl called out but soon his mouth was covered, sending Sapnap in another round of yells.

"ANSWER!" He screamed and Clay winced when a fist collided with his stomach. Teeth clenched, the grip on his shirt sucking the breath out of him.

"I didn't." He answered with a struggle.

"Liar!" He slammed his head into the locker. "I know about your little 'relationship', faggot. If you ever provoke her again, I'll come strolling into the room and beat the shit out of him. Got it?!"

George. He knew about George. He was going to hurt George. "You won't even get passed the secretary."

"Do you want to test me?"

Don't talk. Say yes. Don't provoke him. His mind screamed at him, the pain in his stomach unbearable. The bell rang, his saviour, and the boy dropped him and his friends and walked away. Clay rapped his arms around himself in agony, Karl and Sapnap coming to kneel beside him, checking if he was alright.

"Clay!" Karl said, rushing over to him. Sapnap crouched next to him and checked the other.

He picked the blond up, placing his arm around his neck for support, his face strong yet Clay knew he wanted to cry inside. "There you go, dude. Your safe. We'll take you to the nurse. It'll be alright." He wasn't sure if he was reassuring Clay or himself.

"S-Sapnap.." Every word felt like fire had been shoved into his mouth, silencing him forevermore. "It h-hurts so bad..."

"I've got you, dude. I've got you."

Karl came next to him and pulled his arm to his shoulder, helping both Clay and Sapnap out. "Don't worry Clay, you'll be okay. I promise."

His eyes felt so heavy. Perhaps he could doze off and never come back to this horrible horrible world. No. Don't think like that.

You have George, Sapnap, Karl. You can't leave them.

His eyes felt so heavy, and the next moment he hung his head and gave in, closing his eyes.

——

"What's happened? Is he okay?" George. He sounded alarmed. I wonder what he's worried about.

Sapnap answered him. "He's fine. He's just unconscious. I wanted to tell you- so if he didn't come you wouldn't be worried."

"But now I'm all the more worried!"

"George." Karl. "He's fine. He's alright. He's just unconscious right now. He'll be fine in a few hours or so. The nurse said he just needs rest."