14 II Boats and birds

Clay felt another hit to the gut and fell to his knees. It didn't hurt as bad now. He just had to pretend it did for them to scowl, laugh, and leave. They soon did as such, calling him a 'homosexual' and then left. Homosexual. Usually they'd just call him a fag.

Clay slowly but surely got up. Clutching his stomach, he walked to the bus stop. Sapnap and Karl were probably there already. He had told a lie, he had told them he'd come in just a minute.

Now he was making everyone worried. What a joke, he was. What a horrible person, what a bastard, what a jerk, what a tyrant he was, for letting this happen.

He was weak. That's why. His step-mother's words were engraved in his skip, engraved so severely that he couldn't even feel the pain anymore. He couldn't feel anything anymore.

Months of the same thing. Months and months of never ending punches, mental torture that he could not bare. He felt as if he was drowning in his own blood, but finding anything to help him see the light of day was urban news, so he drifted and drifted until even he didn't exist anymore.

He wanted a hand to come and grasp him, oh how he wished someone would clasp him, pull him up, tell him everything was alright. But nobody came, and nobody would come.

All he wanted was this all to end. Perhaps he could just close his eyes, feel the last explosion in his chest, and all would be forgotten and done with.

The bus stopped in-front of him, it's yellow doors busting open. The blond stepped in, the doors closed, and the bus began to walk again.

Clutching his stomach, he walked to his normal seat and collapsed on the uncomfortable cushions. He heaved a sigh, grasping for breath, his head turning to look at the faraway world that he could never reach.

He wondered what the world would be like without him, wondered if everyone he ever knew would be better off without his pathetic excuse of existence.

He didn't matter. Not to him, not to anyone. The best part was that he couldn't even tell who he was anymore. He was an echo of the past, an echo of what he once was.

He couldn't even feel his pounding heart, screaming the opposite of his mind. But his mind rebelled, silenced his heart, and left the small boy to drift away in sorrow.

Perhaps he was just meant to rot in the rain, unknown by anyone who passed his carcass. Perhaps nobody would care if he didn't exist.

He would care. He would care so much he couldn't even imagine you weren't going to return. George. Oh George.

He could never do that to his little bumblebee. George would care. George would care so much, much for his own good. He didn't understand what a bad person Clay was.

You see, he had been the worst of the worst. He disobeyed his parents and was so weak he couldn't even fight back against people who generally meant nothing.

Who else would care? Sapnap. But he had only known the boy for a bit, for enough to call him a brother but less to let him ever miss the blond boy.

Karl would care. But he didn't know Karl all that well, the only memories of the ones he and Sapnap used to hand out and talk about him, the memories that now inhabited his mind, the memories of the three talking around school.

They would miss him. He couldn't let himself drift away. He couldn't.

The bus stopped in the 50th stop and Clay quickly got out. He walked towards the big doors of the hospital, clutching his stomach so hard he thought he would trip himself.

He was met with the homey feel of the hospital, the place he had practically grew up in. He waved towards the receptionists, and walked down the normal hallways, the twists and turns of corners greeting him until finally, he had made it.

He opened the doors and was met with the sight that seemed to care so much for him.

George.

The brunette turned to look at him, a smile finding a way on his face. Clay stumbled up to the boy, and pressed a kiss on his head.

"Hello Bumblebee."

"Clay!" The boy sounded so happy to see him. The world crumbled around the two, and Clay realised that he couldn't bare to leave his friend behind. Yet it still nagged at him.

His face fell, and he softened. "Are you alright?"

Clay snapped out of his daze and smiled. "I'm alright. Don't worry about me."

"How can't I?"

Clay pulled a chair and sat down infront of George. The boy turned his head at his actions. "I've either gone mad or I'm talking to an imposter."

Clay chuckled at his words. "Why?"

"You never sit on a chair, you always come and sit in-front of me." George looked straight at his soul with such care and warmth that Clay thought he'd melt.

"I suppose I've finally grown out of it."

"Liar." George breathed, he whispered as if the words were too much for him. "I don't believe a word your saying, Clay. Where's my Dream?"

Clay kissed the top of his head once again. "He's right here."

———

Boats and birds : Gregory and the Hawk - https://youtu.be/aRPyoPGO2vo

i saw that someone wanted me to continue this and therefore I created whatever this chapter is. i don't really know why i didn't update this for a long while, i suppose i have no idea how it's going to end.

but I've gotten an idea, so prepare for probably a few chapters coming out today :D

-twig