10 II The time-traveler

As George began to grow older, more locks started to fall and soon he had none left. The bumblebee smiled even as he lost all his hair. Clay did his best to comfort love and George would always be grateful for his help. 

His door creaked open and the boy turned his head slowly, it resting a pillow. He just felt so tired. Where he thought Clay would come bounding up to him, was a fluffy brunette boy. He looked around the room and smiled when he met George's gaze.

He looked so familiar- The boy racked his brain for memories but he just couldn't remember this boy. Was he someone else, a visitor? He hadn't heard from Sapnap in more then a month, Clay still came for a few hours everyday and then he would leave but that was it for visitors.

"Hi." The boy breathed, closing the door and walking towards George and pulling a chair to his bed to face him properly. "I'm Karl." 

Karl. The name tasted so familiar on his tongue yet he couldn't dissect how. Karl, Karl, He knew that name so well yet he didn't know how. Thinking made him oh so tired, but he wouldn't dare close his eyes. "Karl.." He thought allowed, looking at the boy's looks for any clues.

Fluffy brown hair. Hazel brown eyes. Freckly face, perfect skin. 

He seemed so familiar yet...

"Do you remember me?" Karl grinned. "I'm Sapnap's boyfriend."

That's how George remembered him. Sapnap's boyfriend. "Congratulations!" George cheered, and Karl chuckled in response. 

"Apparently he had a lot of trouble asking me." Karl scratched the back of his head absentmindedly. George grinned at the fact. He remembered that well. 

"Well, I would never betray him but- He was kind of scared of being rejected, in all honesty." George smiled, and karl laughed. 

"I joke about it a lot. But really, I was just as nervous as hime." Karl smiled, and the two fell into close conversation. A thought exploded in George's mind, and he immediately told Karl about it. 

"Your the time traveler, you told us stories.." George breathed, and the fluffy brunette nodded furiously. 

"Yeah! Do you remember?" 

It was George's turn to nod. Memories of the event came back to him, the stories and what adventures plaid on in his mind. "Oh wait!" Karl paused and took his bag from the floor, reaching in and pulling out a book, handing it to the boy. 

George eyed the book and slowly reached out a hand to take it, pulling it close to examine it properly. The book was a purple one with a light forest greeny color. Opening it, where words upon words of stories detailing the adventures of a man who could travel through time. 

George flipped through pages, his eyes trailing across the pages. "Karl, this is amazing! How do you write this much?" 

The fluffy brunette shrugged, grinning. "Determination!" He cheered, putting his arms in the air, causing George to giggle. "I want you to have it." 

George paused and looked up at Karl. "What?" 

The brunette nodded furiously once more. "Mhm! It looks so boring here, and Sapnap told me all the books you get are school books so- I wanted you to have something different! I hope you like it." The boy smiled, looking down at the other who examined the pages worryingly.

"I can't accept it, I'm sorry." George pulled the book towards Karl but the brunnette refused. 

"You can and you will." 

George looked up at Karl, then at the book. He softened, smiling at the book. "Thank you." 

Karl grinned. "No problem!" 

---

in case you don't like forever - Ben platt :   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlkA0mOzzO4

yeah this was just an excuse to weave Karl into the plot because I wanted to write about him, sorry-

anyways i hope you enjoyed this, it was a very fun chapter to write because I like chapters when characters just talk and act like people because it's very fun to write. also i really like 

-twig