07 II Life has given us comfort

Clay hated the next few days, words going around about him. About George. Sapnap came bursting through the doors of his classroom one day, coming towards him just to ask what had happened.

"uhh-" Clay answered, looking away from the wide-eyed boy. "W-what happened?"

"People are talking shit about you, dude!" He answered. "Their calling you a fag, they've even gotten me involved in all of this. Do you know how many people came up to me and asked about you? Geez, I swear, people are jerks. So what happened, give me details." The boy sat down infront of him, head resting on his palm.

Clay sighed. "I may or may not have punched someone in the nose." He mumbled. Sapnap's eyes widened at the news, and his lips parted in shock.

"What? Who?"
"I don't know his name."
"Does he have fluffy black hair?"
"yeah, I guess."

Sapnap drew a hand through his hair in shock, sighing. "Why'd you do that?"

Clay rolled his eyes and tsked, shoving his textbooks and pencils into his bag. "They were making fun of George." He mumbled, not wanting to spend a second talking about it.

Sapnap was surprised at the news. "How dare they. Did they say anything about his-"

"Yes." 

Sapnap suddenly stood up and slammed his hands onto the table. "I'm gonna kill them." He bellowed, and began walking away. Clay caught up with him just in time and walked by his side. "Don't get yourself in trouble, it's not worth it. If they come to you, then you strike- You don't go looking for trouble."

Sapnap muttered a 'come on' and rolled his eyes, Clay chuckling into his arm in response. The two hopped onto a bus, mumbling words of weird thoughts and how they wanted to absolutely pound the people who dared mess with George.

"So." Sapnap began, as they rode the bus. "When're you gonna tell George?"

Clay tore his gaze from outside and came to look at the boy, his cheeks becoming a rosy pink. "What?" He asked, whispering.

Sapnap grinned. "You know exactly what I mean."

Clay shook his head and went back to looking out the window, watching as the buildings became nothing more then an echo of what was to come. People lived in those building, he remembered. Families upon families, mothers, fathers, children. Before others had lives there.

Others thought everything of their home. Clay wasn't one of them.

His home was a mess. Everything was a mess, except- George. George was the only one who wasn't- obliterated by the eyes of hatred and remorse. George was an entente that the blond could never have fathomed, especially from everything he had seen at home. At home, people itched for domination, and if they didn't have it- they took it with violence.

But George wasn't like that. He was kind, nice, he had a heart of gold, he was smart, he was beautiful, his beautiful doe like eyes glittering when Clay would tell him the tales the earth had to offer, his ears twitching, listening. George listened. George was there for him.

His cheeks grew redder as he thought, a smile growing on his face as he thought of the young brunette. He had never been inlove with someone before, never had a crush before, so the fact that he- he liked someone at that, made him feel butterflies in his stomach. See!" Sapnap smiled, and Clay shoved him.

"It's just a dumb feeling." He cursed. "He doesn't like me. For goodness sakes, I'm not even 16 yet."

"You will be in like, two years. You'll be 15 in august, If you care so much. Look." Sapnap rolled his eyes and chuckled to himself. "I'll talk to Karl if you tell George."

Clay raised a brow. "Will you now?"
The ravenette nodded curtly. "Perhaps."

"Oh, just tell me about him already Sap. You've been holding it back for months, I can tell." Clay said, and turned to the boy with rosy cheeks.

Sapnap breathed a laugh, and looked out the window. "He's nice. He has this- this certain charm to him like non-other. He jokes around a lot, but when you need him he's there for you. It's weird, really. He takes the time to ask, 'how's your day' when nobody would." He finished, smiling.

Clay nodded slowly. From the look of his friend, Clay could tell that he fell deep this time. Deep into the hole of butterflies. Or, perhaps, In clay's case- Bumblebees.

"Go for him. Tell him." Clay said, with a new found strength in his voice. The love in his friend's voice, an emotion he couldn't understand even with his own butterflies storming in his stomach at the thought of a very bright brunette boy, he would never let the ravenette be held back by his own thoughts. Instead, he would set him free from the claims of his own mind and let the ravenette fly free into the outer corners of our world.

And maybe, perhaps, Clay could do the same.

——

The call - Regina Spector : https://youtu.be/dq8-d8bG6hY

"Dad, I've fallen inove with a boy."

"Get over it, faggot."

Thank you all for being wonderfully kind people, I'm very happy that you have enjoyed my stories <33

-twig