09 II Hugs and bruises of unsaid words

Clay felt his chest swell up, a smile on his face as he walked into the room of his friend. Well- boyfriend. The words tasted so sweet on his tongue yet his mind couldn't believe that reality wasn't lying to him.

When he walked home that day, his family noticed his happier presence. Though they did everything to tear it apart, Clay was quick to fall into the land of dreams and he didn't hear a word he said.

"Hey George!" The blond smiled, rushing towards the brunette and placing a peck on the cheek. George smiled in return and asked him how he was, initiating their conversation for the day.

"Eh- Better now." He said, causing the other to roll his eyes.

"I never knew you to be so flirty." George reacted, facing him with a strong gaze.

The blond shrugged. "I'm trying something."

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

"I don't know. Adolescents has decided to hit me in the face." Clay grinned, turning around to rest his head on the brunette's lap. "Sapnap's gonna confess to Karl soon."

"Really?! He won't!" George exclaimed, as his fingers found their way to the boy's dirty-blond locks.

"Yeah, I can't believe it to! I don't think he'll do it." The blond confessed, locked into the doe-like eyes of the boy he had the pleasure to call his.

"Oh come on, have faith in him! Surely he'll have the courage?" George asked, and Clay rolled his eyes playfully at the thought that Sapnap of all people could get a date. Oh, of course he was being so hard on the raven but- They were friends after-all, they joke around a lot anyways. In truth, Clay was so proud of him to get out there and speak the words that would dig into his skin for all eternity. His friend would either be accepted or denied and either way, Clay would be beside him. 

"Clay?" George took the blond out of his dazed state. 

"Yeah?" He chirped back.

George shook his head. "Your to into your thoughts again." 

Clay smiled sweetly. "You know me so well."

---

Clay, George and Sapnap sat on the bed, their minds all wandering into the nation of imagining, all the worst thoughts they could ever imagine, with George to tear them all away and bring them back to reality. 

"I can't do it!"  Sapnap bursted, putting his hands to his face and curling up into a ball. Clay and George exchanged a glance before they were at his side. 

"I'm sure you can do it." George replied. "If you want to, what's stoping you?" 

"People, my mind-" Sapnap listed. "I can't do it, I'm sorry man." 

"Look, I believe in you." Clay spoke out of the blue. "That day, on the bus? You spoke so passionately about him, however you have to prepare yourself for if he rejects you. From what I've seen, he adores talking to you, the way he looks at you, Sapnap- I'd say you have a fair chance, I'd say that he really likes you aswell. So, go for it. You only have one shot and you can't miss it, can you?" 

George started up at Clay, a smile slowly forming on his face. His friends were so caring to one-another, George felt like he could've never have consoled someone of rejection aswell as acceptance so well in so little time. The blond placed a kiss on his fading brown locks, reminding him of the sickness he had running through his veins.

A small smile formed on Sapnap's face. "Thanks man." he mumbled, his eyes looking up from his knees more worryingly this time. "What do I even say?"  

"Just say that you like him, and then see what he says." George instructed. 

Sapnap just nodded and smiled. "Thanks."

"anytime."

---

mt washington : local natives -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN-CqIytN2U

we went online, and we're learning math but it's everything we learned last year and it's so boring to sit in google meets and just listen to a person telling you things when you woke up at 7 in the morning

so i wrote fanfiction instead :)

Nothing happened in this chapter, and I'm sorry, that's why it's so short, but I promise you dear readers- It'll get good

you guys are so sweet, honestly, thank you all for reading! 

(i've decided to finish this before the royalty au thing)

-twig