18 II I wouldn't mind one bit

(I just want to say that you all are loved <3)

Darkness. That's all he could comprehend, could see. Where was he? What was he doing here? Why couldn't he see?

Darkness couldn't be the only thing that existed. There had to be light, he knew there was light. But why wasn't it there?

Where was he? His mind swarmed with thoughts, it hurt like hell, his whole body hurt like hell. What had happened to him?

That's when he remembered. You fell.

I- what? Fell. He fell. He fell to the ground, down down down, deep into the earths soil.

Was he alive? Somewhat. He could hear himself think, his pounding heart kept beating endlessly. He was alright.

Somewhat. Something still felt very odd.

Yet he didn't know what.

The dirty-blond slowly opened his eyes, and was met with dull, white walls. He knew them all too well. The hospital.

He heard a sudden beeping noise. Who was that? Was that his heartbeat?

It was. It went pitter-patter. But he wasn't afraid. He was alive.

The situation that he put himself in overcame him, and he cursed himself for ever thinking that it was okay to leave, leave everyone behind and start anew with men whom he didn't even know.

"CLAY!" Someone called his name. The next second, he was thrown into a bundle of arms that held him oh so fiercely.

Sapnap? Clay looked up to see Raven coloured hair. The Raven held onto him so tightly that it hurt to breath.

"Oh, lay off of him, will you? He needs rest." A monotone voice called, but Sapnap wouldn't listen. Who was that?

Who was in his hospital room?

Sapnap finally let go and took time to look at him. Tears threatened to fall at the edges of his eyes, shouting and screaming at Sapnap, that he had almost lost his friend.

"I'm so glad you alive!" He yelled, his eyes glinting with the spark of whimsical fun he always possessed. "You gave us all quite a fright, really."

Sapnap. He scared the living hell out of Sapnap. And Sapnap was never scared. He was bold, brash, unafraid of the world, and now- he was crying.

Clay wanted to tell him something, tell him that it wasn't his fault, but he couldn't form the words. "'m sorry Sap." He croaked.

Sapnap looked at him wide-eyed, and then looked away with a sigh. "No." He began. "It's my fault. I should've figured it out, I should've stopped them. I should've realised."

"No." Clay croaked, once more. "No, it's not your fault. I had to tell someone yet-" he coughed.

His eyes stung, all to suddenly, and he gritted his teeth at the pain. "Here." Sapnap said quickly, and gave him a glass of water. "D'you want me to call a doctor?"

"Sapnap, what happened to me?" Clay cut him off, mouthing a sorry after words. His emerald gaze searched one of fiery brown, hoping that there was something, anything, there.

Sapnap looked away. "Apparently you were found standing over the edge of a roof. Wilbur found you." He looked ahead, away from Clay.

A brunette boy, with white tipped glasses, came up and out of nowhere. He looked down at Clay's scarred form, and smiled empathetically.

"Hey man." He said.

Clay remembered him. He told him to come over, he told him that they could talk about it. "Wilbur?" He whispered.