04 II Discharged to the big ol' world

Karl had left a week ago now, with a whole-hearted grin and a wave to the two boys who had stay there for a little while longer. Clay sat up in his hospital bed, his younger sister yapping beside him. The only words he could hear were the ones shared between his mother and the doctor, talking about him- oh, how they loved to do that. 

Perhaps Clay was bitter. After-all, he was leaving the hospital. George would be all alone- He had told the young brunette about his fate, and feared they couldn't see each-other again. They had grown used to one another's company, after all.

George, like the smart, well-mannered person he was, just told Clay he could always come back to visit. But Clay argued it wasn't the same, and indeed it wasn't. His house was two hours away from the hospital, his parents didn't even have a car to drive him.  

But what could he do? Nothing. That was the answer. 

Clay's mother walked into the room and ruffled his hair. "Come on." She whispered, smiling. "Let's go home." 

The dirty-blond nodded sadly and followed her outside the hospital room, holding her hand tight, his sister holding her other hand. Clay suddenly paused. "Can we go see George first?" 

"George?" She asked, and Clay nodded furiously. The doctor who had 'discharged' him came to stand beside his mother. 

"They have grown quite close for these past few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to say goodbye. Follow me." The doctor led the three to George's room, and opened the door when they had made it. Clay ran towards the boy's bed, climbed on, and hugged him tightly. 

"Bye George.." He whispered. 

"Bye Clay. Promise you'll visit?" 

Clay nodded furiously and they both pulled away. "Wait for me!" 

George breathed a laugh and waved off the young boy as the door closed. Clay sighed, and let his mother pull him away back to his dull, boring home. 

His mind swarmed as they walked out of the hospital and hopped on a bus. He didn't like that he had to leave but- that's life, he supposed. 

How do you explain life to someone at such an age, Clay would never know, even as he grew older and older. He hated being small, people ruffling his hair, acting like he was a machine that had no idea how to operate. But he guessed being older wasn't the greatest either. 

Responsibilities, work- It didn't sound all that good to the boy.

But he guessed life went on like that. The bus wasn't filled to the brim with people this time, so Clay gladly took a seat next to the window and rested his head against it, the noise of the bus drowning out any words of his mother and sister.

All he could do now was wait. Wait for a greater time, adulthood? He hated of being a child, and hated it all the more with being an adult. So what did he want to be? 

If being honest, a child sounded much better. 10 years old, he was. He was in the age when people didn't treat him like an infant, yet still had proaction. But, age would come with time, and soon he would be a teenage. That was much better then child or adult. 

And if he was honest, he wanted time to be as nice as it was right now. 

-----

flightless bird, american mouth - Iron and wine : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwZNGaMrwcE

hey, congratulate @Mio5Sakaki for making a playlist for this and the other story, their really cool! I really didn't know how to end this chapter, this'll probably be the shortest chapter there is. 

I'm taking backkkk
the number of the beaasstttt
cause sixxxxxxxx
is not a pretttyy numberrrrrrrrrr
8, or 3?
are defiantly betterrrrrrr 
(my alcohlic friends from- I'm not all that sure if I'm completely honest)

I'm having too much fun- 

-twig