08 II Your fear is drowning you, my friend

Clay was pushed into the hospital room by none other then Sapnap. The male then proceeded to slam the door, leaving only the two friends.

George giggled at the blond, a grin on his face. "Hullo Dream." He greeted.

Clay looked back at him. It was just so hard to even look at him, let alone talk, with all the bumblebee's buzzing in his stomach.

"H-Hi!" Gods, why was he stuttering? Why was it so hard to talk to an old friend you see everyday? Why was this different?

"You alright?" The brunette asked.

Clay was quick to nod, furiously at that. "Just a weird day, I suppose. But yeah, I'm fine, what about you?"

"I'm well, thanks for asking. As well as well can be, perhaps. The doctor brought a new book for me to read, an adventure book." George explained.

"Oh yeah?" Clay smiled, walking over to the boy. "What's it about?"

George went on about the book he had been reading, as Clay lied down on his back, head turned to the boy. Now, it was normal. Now this felt right. Now this felt like it should be.

When George finished, Clay laughed. "That sounds very interesting. Who knew you were so interested in folk tales?"

"Their quite cool, I must say." George spoke, a posh accent.

"Oh yes, their absolutely marvellous."

"Right you are, my good sir."

The two fell into a laugh. Clay opened his eyes and smiled. This felt so- so normal. So amazing. Should he- should he be the one to propose the idea of potentially breaking it? 

George might not like him as he likes him, he might think of Clay as nothing more then a friend, perhaps a brother at this point? He didn't know, and something in him didn't want to find out. 

George deserved someone better. 

George was an amazing person. Perhaps someone else could like him instead of Clay, someone better. He deserved someone better then Clay, someone to hold, someone to care for him. 

Because Clay wasn't a good person. 

For gods sake, he punched a person in the nose out of anger. He wasn't okay. He could've said something, he could've called the doctors and they would have been taken away and kicked out of the hospital- but that's not what happened. 

He wanted to be a good person. He wanted people to like him, he wanted to be good. 

He was told he wasn't. Memories of his parents, siblings, flashing through his mind. Glass shattering, feet itching, scurrying, doors slamming open, widened eyes, blood, fear, tears. Those are what binded the tall blond, they binded him with hatred and fear for the ones that were supposed to care more for him then anything in the entire world.

Tears watered his eyes. He was one of them. He was just as bad as the red mixture of depressence and fun, the smoke from small tubes pressed onto the lips of children who should bare the echos generations of youth and excitement, what they left behind, yet they didn't. 

He was just as bad as the bruises that were laced under his shirt and the arms and legs of his brothers and sisters who had lost control of themselves. He was an echo of what was, the only source of innocence that his siblings loved to tear apart until he was nothing more then a bloody, bruised excuse of a child. 

Yeah. Perhaps George was better off without him. 

"Clay?" 

Oh shit. He was crying. Clay was quick to rise and wipe the tears on his eyes, doing the best to place a smile on his face though all he wanted to do was crumble and fall onto the ground, sulk until the darkness took pity on him and wrapped their long arms around him.  

George rose his hand and reached out to wipe the tears from Clay's eyes. The blond was surprised at the touch, the smile from the brunette that was slowly dying from a sickness both of them had no knowledge on. More tears began to fell, more and more then before, tearing him apart. 

Why was he such a coward, an idiot? Why was he such a crybaby? 

George only smiled and spread his arms. Clay fell into the embrace and broke down, hugging the boy tightly, sobs choking out of him. George only rubbed his back, shushing him softly. The blond knew the brunette had no idea why he had broken down, crying, yet he accepted it and helped his friend out. 

Clay sobbed endlessly his cries enclasping around the room. He hated that George saw him like this, saw him for what he truly was- a coward. 

But the brunette didn't mind, and waited until all the tears fell ad the sobs left the blond's lips. "I'm sorry." Clay breathed, whispering. 

"Whatever for?" 

"For being a crybaby."

"Don't be sorry. Why're you sorry for being human?" 

Clay choked back a sob and tightened his grip on the boy. "George, I'm not a good person." 

"What? That's a lie, your one of the best people I know." 

"I'm not a good person. I'm a coward, George. I'm a coward that can't even face his own family." 

George paused at the words and hugged him tighter. "Your an amazing person Clay, more then you'd even comprehend. If someone can't see that, their blinded by hatred. You've helped me so much, you don't even know. Don't let your family tell you otherwise." 

Clay's eyes wavered. "George, I really like you." 

George was flustered at the words, and rested his head in the crook of the boys neck. "I really like you too, Clay."

"I love you George, even more then friends. It terrifies me to say it." 

George felt his heart falter. "I feel the same way." 

"Really?" 

The brunette giggled and laughed. "I really do." 

The blond pulled away just to stare back at the pretty boy. His eyes reflected both love and truthfulness, like finally he had met a person who hadn't wronged him. Clay connected his lips to George's, and they both fell into the touch.  

---

ava - famy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xmlnbmoOwM

"Dad I'm terrified of you."

"That's unheard of."

I'm sorry for the sudden angst, fellow readers, I'm sorry if I surprised you all so suddenly. I hope you're all going great today. It's a lovely day outside. 

Is it snowing? I haven't seen snow in years. 

How are you all going today? I hope your all doing well

-twig