25

A week had passed since Rin visited Eri, and since then, Rin was kept busy with rehearsals for both the beauty contest and 1-A's concert.

She had met back up with Dante to decide on which song they would go with, and once they did, Dante helped to start Rin off on how exactly she should practice for the performance; recommending that she add an exhibition of her Quirk to add to the 'wow' factor of her entry as a whole. She agreed, and worked together with Mina to put together something simple — yet effective — for the contest.

Currently, Rin stood in the assigned building that was in use for the girls who would participate in the pageant. A large tub of salt water was placed behind her, and she hummed the tune of her song as she practiced the steps to her routine. The water she controlled bent rhythmically along with her movements, and Rin shifted in a way that made it look as if she and the water moved as one.

"Wow, your routine is coming along great, Rin!" Hado's voice sounded cheery from behind Rin, and when she turned, she saw the girl in question floating toward her in a pretty teal dress.

"You think so?" Rin returned her smile whilst bending the water back into the tub. "I'm still figuring out the steps."

"You're doing great," Hado encouraged. "I think you're gonna give me a run for my money for sure!"

"I don't know about that..." Rin was bashful as she palmed the back of her neck, and as she glanced off to the side, her eyes locked on the small body of Eri as she, Deku, and Togata entered the building. "Eri!"

Upon hearing her name, Hado turned to look over her shoulder, and used her Quirk to float over to her as she approached. Rin followed closely behind.

"Hey, hey! What's Eri doing here?" Hado asked giddily as she levitated in front of them. "Why? Why? How fun!"

"Eri!" Rin smiled widely as she knelt down in front of her. "They finally let you out of the hospital, huh?"

"Mhm," Eri hummed shyly as she placed her tiny palms in Rin's open hands. "I feel better... thanks to you."

"Midoriya and I wanted to surprise you!" Togata grinned, bending down with his hand on top of Eri's head. "And she wanted to see you perform as soon as I told her you were rehearsing today! From what we saw, it's coming along great."

"Hado is doing really well, too," Rin stood up straight with Eri holding onto Rin's leg. "We're all having a lot of fun."

"Your Quirk is flashy," Deku said, suddenly embarrassed as he looked away from Hado. "And with your looks and your b-b-bo-bo..."

"Body proportions." Togata spoke in Deku's place when he began to stutter. Rin couldn't help but frown. "Even with all that, you were still only runner-up last year?!"

"Yeah!" Hado said, thinking nothing of it as she leaned forward. "Listen to this! Are you listening? Every year, I keep losing! There's this other girl who's amazing! The beauty pageant champion... Bibimi Kenranzaki, in Support Course Class 3-G! And on top of that, Rin is competing this year too! There's an even slimmer chance of me winning!"

"You shouldn't sell yourself short, Hado." Rin said with a hand placed on her forearm.

"This years pageant also had Kendo, who gained a lot of secret fans from being in a commercial," Amajiki walked up from behind Rin and Hado. "Hado is also going all out. Just thinking of performing in front of so many people... oww... it's making my stomach hurt."

"At first, I just tried entering because Yuyu told me to," Hado floated over toward her friend with a pixie cut whom busied herself with a rack of dresses in the corner of the room. "But it's pretty fun, and I don't want to lose. That's why this year, I'm definitely going to try my best to win! It's my last chance."