13

~~~
An: quick word, the cover of this book has changed. Just to let you guys know :)
~~~

Rin sat in the courtyard of the dormitory building that same evening with a tupperware of tap water sitting in front of her. Her hand was held above the plastic container's contents, and her brow arched into a gentle frown as she did her best to concentrate.

Under the advice of Aizawa, Rin had been outside for a few hours trying to bend material other than salt water. So far, her attempts seemed futile, but the tap did quiver under the subtle movement of her fingers. There was a stark contrast between what she was used to controlling, but she hoped that — with a little practice — she'd have more range with the water she was able to manipulate.

She released a calming breath whilst allowing her eyes to close. The hand that sat in her lap rose to hover beside the one she already held up, and she concentrated on the weak energy that radiated from the water. Taking that the ocean was a constant body of movement, there was a lot more energy to sense and grab onto. In order to get a grip on the liquid that sat still and had very little pull against the Moon's magnetic field, it took a great deal of concentration.

She felt a sweat drop on the side of her face and the come up of a creeping headache, but the tension she felt between her and the water steadily began to lift.

Rin's eyes opened to see the contents of her container peeking up toward her palms. An excited smile broke across her face at the sight of it, and she carefully lifted her hands even higher to beckon the flow of the water upward. It poked up ever so slightly, but began to waver and tremble when it found that the connection to her hands became too far. She quickly dropped her hands to try and save it, but the abruptness of her movements almost seemed to scare it and, as a result, the water fell back into the tupperware.

A huff pushed its way out of Rin's mouth, and she crossed her arms tightly over her chest whilst kicking the container over.

"Hey, that's no way to act!" Togata's voice nearly made her jump out of her skin, and her eyes flew up to see him approaching her. "You had something going there for a second!"

"Mirio," Rin grinned at the sight of him, and pulled herself off the floor to jump into his already open arms. "What took you so long?"

"Had to catch up on some school work," he replied simply when she dropped back onto the ground. "I went as fast as I could after I read your text! You sorted everything out with Midoriya?"

"I did," Rin confirmed. "He... wasn't mad. Not even a little bit. He said if you made me happy, then he was happy too."

"Did he?" Togata seemed surprised. "Just like that?"

"Just like that."

"Well, in that case," he smiled brightly. Rin's stomach fluttered when he lifted her from under her arms and spun in a circle. He set her back down, and when he did, he took her by the hand and dramatically lowered to one knee. "Rin, will you do me the honor of being my beautiful, funny, sweet, charming girlfriend?"

Rin couldn't contain the giggle that escaped her at the goofy look on his face, and she nodded quickly. Togata punched the air to display his excitement, and rose from the ground to finally kiss her. His hands cupped her cheeks with the kind of tenderness that made her knees weak, and the feeling of his lips against hers made it feel as if her face was on fire. The tips of her fingers tingled, and she leaned into his kiss for as long as possible before he slowly pulled away.

"Oh yeah," he beamed, tone nothing but a whisper. "Totally worth it."

"Definitely." Rin agreed, and felt a warmth spread through her chest when Togata leaned his forehead against hers. He held her small hands over his heart, and the beat of it against her palms sent a calm like nothing she's ever felt through her system. In a way, he felt like home.