14

After meeting the other work study students in the common room of the dorms after receiving the initial message from their respective agencies, Rin and Deku — followed by Kirishima, Tsu, and Uraraka — set out right after breakfast.

They arrived at the same building the original meeting for seeking out Eri was held in quickly, and traveled up to the conference room in question. The same Heroes were strewn about the room to hear what Nighteye had to say, and the U.A. students lingered in the back, listening just as intently when Rock Lock expressed his disheartening reaction upon hearing where Eri was being held.

"Eh?!" He had exclaimed. "The Eri girl is in their stronghold?!"

"By stronghold..." Fat Gum said. "Do you mean..."

"The residence of the head of the Hassaikai..." Ryukyu finished for him. She looked disturbed.

"What, so our investigations were for nothing?" Rock Lock questioned, seething.

"No, we were able to get new information as well." Nighteye replied.

"How were you able to confirm this?" Fat Gum looked unsure.

"A member of the Hassaikai went to a nearby department store the other day," Nighteye spoke whilst placing a glittery pink 'Gung-Ho! Glitter Squad' box on the tabletop. "And bought playthings aimed at young girls."

"What the heck?" Rock Lock spat condescendingly.

"Maybe he just likes things like that!" Fat Gum proposed whilst thrusting his hand out. "There are all types in this world, Nighteye!"

"No," Nighteye looked serious. "He said something that no one who has that sort of hobby would say — he didn't know the exact name. I approached him with the toy you see here to enable my Foresight by touching him to get his attention."

"You ended up using your Foresight anyway?" Rock Lock hissed incredulously.

"I believe I said I would use it once we narrowed it down so that we could be sure." Nighteye corrected.

"This means it's been decided, right?" Fat Gum asked with his hands on his hips.

"We know for sure when they'll be there thanks to our stakeouts." Centipede spoke up from his place beside Bubble Girl.

"We also worked with the police to get a warrant," Bubble Girl smiled and posed her arms. "All that's left —"

"Is to get in there!" Fat Gum interrupted her by stealing her line.

Rin stood motionlessly silent for the duration of the meeting until she felt Togata nudge her in the side. She arched her neck back to meet his gaze, and widened her eyes ever so slightly to see the determined look on his face. He offered her a thumbs up to which she returned, and he wrapped an arm around her shoulders before turning to Deku; whom stood to his opposite side.

"Midoriya," he whispered. Deku turned from where he was looking to acknowledge him. "Lets do this! We're gonna do it!"

Rin jostled at his side once Togata started to vigorously fist bump the air with his free hand.

"What's with those moves?!" Deku questioned once he jumped back, and Rin couldn't hold back the quiet snickers that left her mouth.

Deku was smiling as he watched Togata's antics, and Rin exhaled briefly in relief to see them both at least somewhat back to normal.

"Let's do it!" Togata declared with one final thrust into the air, and his grip tightened that much more around Rin as he did so.

The others from U.A. approached them, and light chatter fluttered around them as they mentally prepared themselves for what they'd be in for.