10

A few days passed since the confrontation against Deku transpired, and Rin found every way possible to avoid him; sticking to either Aizawa or Mina's side like a leech.

During school hours she would busy herself primarily with her studies, and rarely even looked up from her textbook when class was in session — and when lunch hour eventually rolled along — Rin would find a cozy spot underneath a tree in U.A.'s courtyard to have a quick home meal and finish up any remaining homework she might have done later during the day.

Word from Nighteye Agency was obsolete as they commenced in their search for Eri's location, and so Rin was put on standby until further notice. It riddled her stomach with anxious butterflies to wait on the sidelines, but alas, she knew there wouldn't be much that she could do in the first place. Waiting was something she was good at, however not necessarily something she enjoyed doing.

She was informed that she — as well as the other work study students — were forbidden to speak of their work studies, and was told that their involvement in Eri's rescue was strictly limited to whether the League of Villains — a group she have vaguely heard of while still under her father's care — was involved with the Shie Hassaikai or not. It didn't necessarily make much sense to her individually, but she was aware of the League and their persistent harassment toward the 1-A students before she came to join the Hero Course. It was a complicated situation, and one she found best to stay out of until she was more thoroughly exposed to it.

A chilly breeze tangled through Rin's curly hair as she placed the book she was reading in her lap. Her eyes casted upward from the words she focused on toward the grey clouds crawling through the sky, and shivered gently under the late September air. She had yet to experience the fall and winter months above the tide, and found quickly that she preferred the warmth of the summer much more.

"Hey, Rin, is that you?" Togata's voice elicited her to jump in surprise, and she turned over her shoulder to look up at him as he approached her. "What're you doing out here all by yourself? It's cold!"

"Oh, hi Mirio," she offered a limp wave as he looked down at her. "This is the only place I can go to that Izuku doesn't know about. If I go to the cafeteria, he'll try to talk about what happened."

"Oh! That makes sense," Togata nodded whilst shrugging off his uniform blazer. "You should have told me! I would have come sit with you."

Rin blinked as he held out his jacket, and slowly looked back up to him as he gestured for her to take it.

"Like I said," he began, noting her confused expression. "It's getting cold! Put this on."

He shook it in front of her one more time before she finally slipped it out of his fingers, and once she had, he plopped down on the grass beside her.

"Thank you..." she trailed off as she blanketed the blazer over her shoulders, and hugged it around herself as Togata peered over at the book in her lap.

"Don't mention it!" He grinned. "I didn't know you liked to read! What book is it?"

"Ah, it was a book I found in my dad's bookshelf," she explained briefly after showing him the blank leather cover. "It doesn't have a paper cover, so I don't know what it's called."

"There's nothing written on the spine?" He asked, and tilted his head as he moved the book in her hands to take a look for himself. As predicted, the spine was blank. "Huh, that's weird. What's it about?"

"A sailor," Rin replied simply whilst closing the book and setting it off to the side. "And a maiden whose too high class for him to be with. It's like a tragic romance kind of thing."

"You're into that sorta thing?" Togata laughed. "I never would have guessed that."

"I'll read anything," Rin shrugged as another gust of wind blew. She hugged his blazer tighter around herself. "I never even knew books existed before a few months ago..."