5

"Oh, Heroes!"

Rin, Deku, and Togata strolled through the streets of Japan dressed in their respective Hero suits. Those who passed them would look on in awe, and Rin found it difficult not to do the very same.

"It's the boys who were in the U.A. Sports Festival on TV," one of the girls passing them said excitedly. "And that girl with them, wasn't she on the news not too long ago? With that Poseidon guy?"

"I-I'm nervous." Deku whispered under his breath. Rin eyed the two whom approached until they passed on the sidewalk.

"You must have at least gone on patrol at your internship, right?" Togata asked, and placed a hand on Rin's shoulder. "It would make sense that Rin was the anxious one! But check her out, cool as a cucumber! Was that League of Villains attack too traumatic?"

"No, but for various reasons, I wasn't able to experience the basics..." Deku said, walking as rigid as a board beside them. "Rin's background... is a lot different from mine, so it's understandable for her to be used to things like this."

"Really? That's strange, right?" Togata looked down at him from the corner of his eye. "But don't worry! Sir and Bubble Girl are the ones actually watching the target today. We're just on patrol! I'll teach you two a bunch of stuff, just stick with me!"

As Togata began to flex rapidly in the middle of the sidewalk, Rin's quiet gaze traveled over to Deku just as he looked down. He appeared to be thinking deeply about something, and Rin silently pondered whether her past really did make her more qualified for this line of work or not. His previous comment struck a cord in her, and didn't settle right in her stomach. It made her feel bad, almost, and she didn't know exactly what to do about it.

She was still learning too, after all.

"Now that I think about it," Togata's voice forced both of the 1-A students out of their heads to face him. "We haven't told each other our Hero Names, huh?"

"Hero... Name?" Rin allowed her confusion to show on her face as she looked between the two, and Togata abruptly stood up straight.

"Man, you're just too cute Rin! You don't know what a Hero Name is?" His tone was teasing, but that didn't stop her from scowling lightly at him as he pointed a thumb at his chest. "It's like a code name! Like Sir Nighteye or All Might. It's what the public calls its Heroes! They'll call me Lemillion!"

"And mines Deku." Deku chimed in, of which elicited Togata to shoot him a perplexed look.

"Eh, you're really okay with that?"

"I... don't have one." Rin confessed, and pulled at her fingers as she looked off to the side.

"Hey, don't worry," Deku stepped forward quickly with a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You're still really new to this, remember? You'll think of one when you're ready."

"Yeah, Deku's right! No need to stress over it," Togata nodded in agreement and turned to continue walking down the street. "But as soon as we put on our costumes, we're Heroes! Don't let your guard down, you two!"

Deku and Rin exchanges brief glances before following his lead.

However, they were only able to get a few steps in before the sound of pattering feet made it to Rin's ears. She slowed her pace unnoticeably as she turned her head, and jumped back in surprise just as a small girl with silver hair ran face first into Deku's side. She fell with a hard 'thud' against the cement, and Deku was quick to crouch down in front of her to lend his aid.

"Sorry! That must've hurt," he said, tone rushed but gentle as he held a hand out to her. She flinched. "Can you stand? Are you okay?"

"Let me." Rin stepped forward and took the girl up from under her arms. The sensation of the small girl trembling under her touch made a wave of familiarity wash through her system, and her eyes inevitably narrowed.