3

"It's very nice to see you again, Rin."

A wide grin spread across Rin's face as Principal Nezu rolled his chair out from behind his desk. She gratefully accepted it as he gestured for her to sit down, and took his outstretched paw once he was seated on the desktop.

"I'm happy to be back." She replied as Nezu's absent smile grew.

"You've missed quite a lot during your absence," he continued, and moved to the side to grab the beige file that sat beside him. "Such as the Hero Course work studies. There's not much we can do about your missed internship, so I moved a few things around in order to persuade a handful of Pros into taking you in under their work studies."

"I thought only a few students got that opportunity?" Rin's brow quirked up, but she accepted the file nonetheless and flipped it open.

"You're far enough behind as it is, taken how late you came to enroll in the Hero Course," Nezu explained, and placed his paws gingerly into his lap. "I believe placing you into a work study would be the best course of action in learning as much as you can in a short span of time. Those who have agreed to teach you believe the same, so now all you have to do is choose who you would like to learn under and fill in the necessary paperwork."

"Thank you for the opportunity, sir." Rin looked up from the many contents of the file with a grateful look on her face. Nezu nodded.

"It's the least I could do," he replied, and nodded his head toward the door. "Eraserhead should be able to assist with the details. For now, you should get back to class before lunch hour is over."

"Of course," Rin got to her feet quickly and made a turn for the double doors behind her. "Thank you again, Principal Nezu."

"I expect to see great things from you."

Rin nodded one final time before slipping out of his office, and hugged the file containing her work study information close to her chest as she made way toward the 1-A classroom. Nothing but the sound of her hastened footfalls filled the empty corridor, and she found herself wondering which Heroes were interested in teaching her despite her lack of experience. Perhaps it was due to her previous circumstances, or maybe even her Quirk in general. Either way, she was deeply grateful for the opportunity to get ahead, and decided not to dwell on the details.

She turned the corner quickly, and in the midst of being caught in her own thoughts, ran right into an opposing body that had been walking in her direction.

Rin fell back onto her rear and the contents of her file were left strewn across the floor around her, and as her hands flew up to her sore forehead, she looked up to see a blond boy in the midst of crouching down in front of her.

"Oh jeez!" He said, smiling despite his rushed tone. "You're so tiny, I didn't even see you! Are you okay?"

Rin blinked a few times as the wall of a boy set a palm on her shoulder, and quickly nodded her head.

"U-um, yes," she confirmed, and he immediately looked relieved. "I think so."

"Phew! That's a relief," he laughed, and proceeded to pick up her fallen paperwork. "If my Quirk was activated, you would have phased right through me! If only I had seen you coming, amiright?"

Rin followed his lead and snatched up the sheets he had neglected to reach, and accepted what he had already picked up as he climbed to his feet. He offered her a hand.

"Oh! I'm Mirio Togata, by the way," he introduced himself as she took his hand, and he hoisted her to her feet effortlessly. "I don't think I've ever seen you before. What's your name?"

"Rin Shimizu," she replied quietly and avoided his eyes. Togata's personality alone made her feel incredibly small; almost shy. "I'm new... to the 1-A Hero Course."

"Wow! Really?" He beamed as he began to shake the hand of hers he had been holding onto. "That's crazy! I just met those guys a few weeks ago, and you weren't there! Was today your first day?"

"Sort of..." she trailed off. "I think Zuku mentioned a Mirio yesterday."

"Eh? You mean Midoriya?" Togata tilted his head.

"Mhm."

At her confirmation, Togata paused for a moment. He appeared to be thinking about something, and in a flash he was shaking her hand again.

"Oh!" His voice was booming in her tiny ears. "You're that Rin! Midoriya's girlfriend! The fish girl! I remember now!"

"You know about me?"

"Well, duh! That guy talks about you whenever he gets the chance," Togata was laughing now, and finally released her hand. "It all makes sense now. Hey, where are you headed? I can walk you!"

"Just back to class." Rin replied, and finally found the courage to offer up a tiny smile. Togata beamed again.

"Cool! C'mon," he waved a hand and turned down the hall. "By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what're all those papers you got?"

"Oh," Rin looked down to the file she still held. "They're my work study forms. The principal said it'll help me catch up to everyone else if I start mine now."

"That makes sense," Togata hummed and glanced down at her. He was still smiling. "Which Heroes want you? I heard about your crazy awesome Quirk! I bet there's a lot."

"I haven't really looked yet..." She admitted, and Togata stopped.

"Well? What're you waiting for! Pop that sucker open, let's have a look!" His over enthusiasm made her smile, and with a sigh she flipped it open.

"Here it is," after a beat of searching, Rin finally came upon the form in which contained the Heroes that had requested her, and handed it over to Togata. "Any good ones?"

"I'd say so!" His smiled grew even more than Rin thought it could. "You've got the Sir Nighteye interested in you! He's the guy that I'm doing my work study with, and so is Midoriya! He was All Might's sidekick once, you know, and he really likes to laugh! My number one recommendation would be Sir! He's the best of the best, and if he's requesting you, you've gotta have something special! Trust me!"

"You think so?" Rin blushes bashfully at his praise and took the paper back from him to get a look for herself, and sure enough, Sir Nighteye was the second to be on the list.

"I know so!" Togata gave her a thumbs up as they continued walking. "Say, do you have a phone? We can exchange numbers, and you can tell me if you decide to go with Sir Nighteye! I'll put in a good word for you and everything before you meet him!"

"You'd really do that?" Rin looked up to him in surprise, and he quickly nodded.

"Of course! Any friend of Midoriya's is a friend of mine!" His smile was nearly brighter than the sun. "Now, hand over that phone!"

Rin found little to argue over and did as he requested, and when he handed it back, she looked down at the screen to see his contact staring back at her.

"Let me know what you decide!" He said as they came upon the 1-A classroom. "I'll keep my cell close."

"Thank you, I will." She said genuinely and grinned as he ruffled the top of her head whilst passing her.

"See you around!"

Rin turned as he walked off and waved until he disappeared around the corner. She had a semipermanent smile on her face after just one interaction with him, and was now even more excited to begin her work study if it meant she got to work with him and Deku all at once.

She inhaled quickly before scurrying into the classroom, and began to fill out her paperwork with Sir Nighteye fresh in her mind.

~~~
An: I love Togata. Can you tell?
~~~