17

"Follow the light with your eyes for me, hun."

Medical services arrived at the scene within fifteen minutes, and Rin had to give Togata up to the paramedics who would rush him to the hospital. She sat in the back of an ambulance with an EMT fawning over her injuries, and she did her best to comply to what she needed despite her distraction.

"Your vitals seem stable for now," the EMT said. "Let's get you to the hospital and get the rest of your wounds treated. C'mon, up onto the gurney."

The EMT helped Rin up, and supported her weight until she was laid down. A rush of dizziness hit Rin like a tidal wave, and she squeezed her eyes closed to try and steady herself.

"You doing okay, hun?" The medic who was in charge of her asked whilst hooking Rin up to a monitor. She flinched when the EMT pricked the inside of her elbow.

"I-I..." Rin tried. Her voice was high pitched and squeaky.

An alarming beeping sound proceeded to emanate from the monitor she was just hooked up to, and the EMT was quick to hook her up to an oxygen tank.

"Hang in there, kiddo," she said as she worked quickly. Rin's vision became blurry. "Stay awake for me, alright? What's your name?"

"R..." she breathed out raggedly.

"What's happening?" Aizawa's voice cut in when he hopped into the ambulance. He sounded far away despite being right beside her.

"Let's get this thing rolling!" The EMT shouted to her driver as she shut the back doors. "Her vitals are dropping. She lost a lot more blood than we thought."

"Do something!" Aizawa barked as he grabbed Rin's hand. It felt as if the world was spinning around her.

"Come on, hunny," her medic said as she gave her a shot of an unknown medication. "Tell me your name. What's your name? Stay awake!"

"Hang in there kid," Aizawa shook her shoulder when her eyes lulled back. "Tell her your name. What's your name?"

"R... Ri.." she tried, but whenever she tried to speak, her chest burned unbearably.

"Rin!" Aizawa screaming for her was the last thing she heard before her world went dark.

__

The waves crashed rhythmically against the cliff face. Seagulls croaked as they dived into the water, and the rain that washed over the land was cool and calm. This was a scene Rin thought of often; constantly dwelling in the back of her mind like a twisted dream.

"Θέλω να θυμάστε αυτό το μέρος, Ριν*." Beau spoke from his place beside Rin. She slowly looked up to the side of his face to find it hazed over.
*"I want you to remember this place, Rin."

"Γιατί*?" She asked quizzically. The fact that she couldn't see his face felt normal to her.
*"Why?"

"Είναι ένα μέρος στο οποίο πηγαίνω συχνά όταν χάνω τον εαυτό μου*..." he replied slowly. "Και θα έρθει μια στιγμή που θα νιώσετε επίσης χαμένη. Αυτό το μέρος βοηθά στην αυτοανακάλυψη ... και θέλω να σας βοηθήσει όταν έρθει η ώρα*."
*"It's a place I go when I lose myself... and there will be a time when you will also feel lost. This place helps with self discovery... and I want to help you when the time comes."

"Αλλά θα είσαι εκεί όταν το κάνω*," Rin felt confused. "Σωστά*?"
*"But you'll be there when I do, right?"