22

Rin, Togata, and Deku stayed in the hospital with Eri until the sun went down, and arrived back at the U.A. dorms by nightfall. Their journey back was had mostly in silence, and when they came upon the dormitory entrance, Deku stopped walking.

"Hey... guys?" He said, and both Togata and Rin turned over their shoulders to acknowledge him. "I have an idea."

They exchanged looks. "An idea for what?" Togata asked.

"I think it'd be good for Eri to get out of the hospital," he began quietly. "Just for one day, to come to the school festival."

"Do you think Dad would let that happen?" Rin asked, sounding skeptical when she looked at Deku. She knew how protective Aizawa could be.

"I'm not sure," Deku replied honestly. "I was hoping that you could ask him. I know he has a hard time saying no to you, so there'd be a good chance that he'd actually try to pull some strings for her to go."

"Maybe..." Rin trailed off whilst looking toward the dorms behind them. "Being cooped up in a hospital all day long can't be very fun."

"I think we should at least try," Togata still looked hopeful. "You should ask him."

Rin took a moment to think, and finally nodded in agreement.

"Alright, I will."

"Awesome!" Togata grinned excitedly.

"We should head inside," Deku suggested with a similar expression on his face. "The sooner we talk to Mr Aizawa, the better."

"Agreed," Togata said, and pulled Rin into a quick side hug. "I'll call you later, fish stick. Let me know what happens!"

"Yes, I will," Rin replied, and together she and Deku proceeded toward the dorm building. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Togata!" Deku waved over his shoulder.

"Night guys!"

Upon their entry, Rin and Deku were greeted by a faint melodic sound coming from the common room. They both stopped in their tracks at the sound of it, and exchanged brief looks before turning the corner. Once they had, the pair came upon the sight of Jiro singing into the microphone in her hand. Their classmates were standing around her, and their expressions of enchantment matched their own.

"My ears are so happy!" Mina cheered when Jiro's song finally ended, and the rest of their classmates fell into step with compliments for Jiro's voice.

"Wow," Rin beamed with her hands clasped together. "So talented!"

"Rin's back," Jiro smiled at her when she and Deku entered the crowd. "Listen, you guys... I'll agree to sing for our act at the festival under one condition."

"Oh? What is it?" Mina tilted her head to the side whilst looping her arm with Rin's.

"Rin has to sing too!" Jiro held her fists in front of her chest. "We all know that she has a great voice! It wouldn't be right if I were the only one to perform."

"M-me?" Rin, as well as everyone else, was taken aback by Jiro's request.

"You could sing as your act for the beauty contest, Rin," Deku suggested from his place beside Uraraka. "Like Mirio was saying when we went to visit Eri."

"That's a great idea!" Mina was quick to agree.

"I think Rin could win that contest easily!" Kaminari laughed with his arms crossed, and an orchestra of excited murmuring filled the room once more.

"I-I mean... that would be okay, I guess," Rin spoke quietly as she twirled a piece of her hair in between her fingers. "If you guys really think it's a good idea."