8

Rin sat with her knees held up to her chest with the shower water sprinkling on the back of her head. She lost track of how long she had been in there, and tapped her finger languidly against her elbow. She felt tired after that days events, and really didn't know how to carry herself when she wasn't in the presence of other people. When she was alone, she didn't have to keep up as if she was happy despite the ongoing problem with the Hassaikai; but she didn't exactly know how to deal with what she was feeling, either.

There were too many things to process in such a short span of time. She hoped for at least a few happy weeks after her adoption before the Hero stuff got serious, but of course she would have been naive to hang her hopes on something so simple. The life of a Hero — whether that be a Pro or a student in training — was never calm. Never dull.

And for once in her life, she wished for a dull day.

As the heat from the water began to run out, Rin steadily lifted herself from the shower floor and switched off the tap. Her movements felt sluggish as she wrapped a towel around her body, and she took another moment just to hug herself. She shivered profusely against the contrast of the cold air, but she couldn't seem to find it in herself to get dressed.

So, of course, she sat on the floor.

Again.

The sound of her phone ringing from its place on the counter made her sigh. Mina had called her cell from her room several times now due to how long she was taking that she was surprised that she didn't just come down to the showers to begin with. She knew that Mina was worried, but Rin wanted nothing more than to sulk in her solitude.

On the seventh ring she finally crawled across the floor to snatch the device off of the counter, and was pleasantly surprised to see Togata's contact flashing on her screen instead of Mina's.

As she did every time he called, she rose a perplexed brow before pressing the 'accept' button.

"Hey." She breathed heavily as she sat back down.

"Hey, Rin," Togata greeted, sounding just as tired as her. "I never got the chance to ask about how it went with Midoriya last night, so I decided to call and check in. Any updates?"

"Everything seems okay now," Rin replied as she fiddled with the end of her towel. "But something weird happened this morning on our way to the station."

"Weird?"

"With Uraraka," she felt silly for bringing it up, but that didn't stop her from talking about it anyway. "She said something and it made his face red. And at the table after the meeting... the way she was looking at him..."

"Is that a hint of jealousy I hear?" Togata asked, however his tone was more concerned than teasing. "What did she say that made his face red?"

"That he was great," she spoke simply, but the mere thought of it made her stomach jumble in knots. She didn't like this feeling. "Mina said something about her... I dunno, liking him? I guess. Before I left with special services."

"Wow, really?" He sounded genuinely surprised. "What did you do when she told you that?"

"I guess I didn't really understand what she meant then," Rin shrugged and yanked on a strand of her wet hair. "But now I do, and I think he might like her a little bit too."

"You really think so?" He seemed unsure; questioning. "Have you talked to him about it?"

"What am I supposed to say?" Rin asked, pursing her lips as she thought. "Just 'Hey, I think you like this girl, what's that about?' I'm really not sure how anyone is supposed to go about that."