9

Rin was up early the next morning upon receiving a slew of messages from Togata telling her to meet him outside. She slipped out of Aizawa's room soundlessly to change into her signature white sundress, and made it outside to meet her new friend unnoticed.

She walked out of the dorms to see Togata already waiting for her. His hair was styled differently with it being held in a ponytail at the base of his neck, and his fringe fell over his forehead. He wore a simple white T shirt underneath a dark green pull over, and shined a smile at Rin that put the sun to shame. She was more than happy to see it.

"Good morning!" He said, and handed her one of the two styrofoam cups he had been holding. Inside was a strawberry smoothie. "I figured I woke you, so I brought you a little pick me up."

"Aw, you didn't have to do that." Rin insisted, but couldn't help the cheesy grin that spread across her face.

"I wanted to, silly!" He laughed and motioned that she follow him. She did so willingly. "C'mon, lets go find a place to hang out."

"Wouldn't you want to come inside?" Rin asked, nodding toward the dorms behind them. Togata shook his head.

"That'd be a little awkward, wouldn't it?" He figured, and looked over his shoulder at her. "Especially with Midoriya and that girl in there. We're supposed to talk about that, remember?"

"Right..." Rin visibly shrunk, but Togata grabbed onto her free hand anyway.

"Let's go, fish girl!" He cheered, and proceeded to pull her through the courtyard and across a tree-lined path until they came upon a stray bench.

"If I didn't know any better," Rin began as she looked around. "I'd say you knew about this place already."

"Hah!" Togata grinned cheekily. "And I'd say you're right. I come here to think sometimes, so I thought it'd be the perfect place for us to talk!"

"Does anyone else know about it?" Rin asked curiously as she sat down beside him. She sipped the smoothie he brought.

"Nope, just you," Togata's tone was calmer now. "Not even Tamaki knows I come here. So it'll be our little secret, 'kay?"

"Alright," she nodded in agreement. "Thank you for sharing it with me."

Togata looked at her just as she smiled warmly at him, and the gesture made his neck hot. He cleared his throat.

"So! First things first —"

"Ah, ah," Rin interrupted him with a finger held up in the air. "The real first things first. You're always really quick to make me feel better... and I want to do the same for you."

"Eh?" Togata offered a questioning glance.

"I want to ask if you're okay," she continued whilst placing the bottom of her cup on her lap. "And for you to really tell me if you are, or aren't."

"Well..." he trailed off for a moment. "Why would you want to do that?"

"For the same reason you want to do it for me." She stated simply, and looked up at him with innocent eyes.

"O-oh... well, I wouldn't say that," he coughed out a laugh and avoided her gaze. "But... you can ask me, if you want. I'll be honest."

"Alright," Rin said, and settled with sticking her cup on the ground beside her foot. She turned in her seat to look at the side of his face. "Mirio. Are you okay?"

"Yes," he nodded once. His gaze was glued to the contents of his smoothie as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. "At least right now... I am. But lately... with everything that's happened, I'm not sure."