Chapter 1| First Meeting and Awakening ceremony

"A-Qiu wake up! It's about six in the morning now, A-Qiu, A-Qiu... A-Qiu!"

Shen Baiyu sighed. Her brother was sleeping soundly after he finished the last chapter of the book Tang San have given him.

"Then I will eat all the Baozi with San-ge, right A-Niang, and A-Die!?"

She lied all while looking at her parent, they take out the newly fresh buns she made for breakfast. Her younger brother; Shen Qing Qiu bolted up and looked around frantically before stopping. He looked at his sister with a betrayed expression.

"A-Jie, you can't just threaten me with your delicious food!?" Shen Qing Qiu said getting up from the bed to wash up ignoring her laugh.

He came back to see Baiyu set the breakfast so he helped.

After eating breakfast with the family, Baiyu was called by the village chief to awaken her soul martial. The kids gathered in the Spirit Hall of the village with other kids chatting excitedly. Baiyu look around when she saw Tang San she waved happily.

"San-ge are you excited about today's ceremony?"

"Mm... Yes, and how are your training to build strength and reflexes going?" He asked

"Normal, with climbing the mountain with you in the morning. Then come back down to help around the village." Baiyu replied

Tang San nodded, remembering her asking if she can climb up the mountain with him six months ago. She would sit down beside Tang San when he meditated until he was in deep meditation when she does the same. Gathering the soul power was hard at first but she quickly got used to it.

Their first meeting was in the forest when she gathered herbs to sell.

The past

She was picking herbs when Tang San found her. However, a snake almost bit her. Luckily, he has a fast reflex so he caught the snake before it bit her. She was shocked and scared when he appeared, she stumbled a little but Tang San caught her before she hit the ground.

"Are you okay Guniang did you get hurt?" He sounded anxious as his ear heated in a red hue

"Thank you for helping me Da-ge. What is your name if I may ask?" She said as she shy away from Tang San's grip

"My name is Tang San." He answered

That answer shocked Baiyu nonetheless she introduced herself.

"My name is Shen Baiyu meaning white jade, I live in the holy village." She said and bowed her head a little

Tang San was flustered as he never talked to a girl before even in his past life. Tang San took her to his family house as it was the nearest to the forest.

"So... Da-ge, how old are you?" Baiyu asked as she picked herbs along the way

"I'm about 5 years old... And you?"

"I'm also about 5 years old as well Da-ge!" She told

Unbeknown to them as they talked together Tang Hao woke long ago when they entered. He was surprised to see that his son talk and bring a young girl about his age home. He observed her interaction with Tang San, she is also the quiet type like his son and seemed easy to talk to.

After she left, he went out of his room to do his normal routine. Tang Hao observed Tang San throughout the day, Tang San seems more delighted as he goes on with his day.

Arriving home, Shen Baiyu help her mother do the house works and cook lunch for them. They continue with their routine till evening. When preparing for bed Baiyu talked to her younger brother in private.