Chapter 9: Force Awaken of Martial Soul

"Xiao San, who is this?" Xiao Wu entered the house and put the water basin down and approached the two.

Tang San quickly regained his composure and covered his face to hide his reddened face. Baiyu welcomed Xiao Wu with a smile, who seemed to remember her.

"Baiyu Jie!" Xiao Wu pounded on Baiyu after seeing the familiar smile

She jumped like a kid -even though she doesn't appreciate it when Baiyu denied their first fight. She let go of Baiyu and asked with shiny eyes.

"Will you cook for us?" Xiao Wu was obviously hungry

Baiyu giggled and Tang San sighed in disappointment but there was a smile on his face. Baiyu rubbed Xiao Wu's head which earned a groan of annoyance from the said girl.

"That's right," Baiyu said as she stepped into the kitchen.

Xiao Wu nodded and rushed to sit down on the chair.

Tang San watched Xiao Wu arrange the table more neatly before he goes to the kitchen. He felt lighthearted when he saw how Xiao Wu have returned to her former self. Along with Baiyu who would be with him in his desperate times.

'I wonder...'

"San-ge, where is the ladle?" Baiyu asked as she checked everywhere.

Tang San chuckled and goes to grab the wooden ladle which was near the fire -it was lucky enough that it didn't get burned. He handed it to Baiyu who smiled brightly and goes back to her cooking.

After a while, Baiyu came out with two dishes and a bowl of carrot soup. Xiao Wu practically wanted to take the soup away from Baiyu and gulped it down. She glanced at the spoon that had been put down on the table in front of her.

"Eat it properly in the meantime. The food will be a bit late because the ingredients weren't all that fresh." Baiyu smiled as she said that

Xiao Wu nodded and Baiyu returned to the kitchen.

"San-ge, help heat up the fire!"

"On it!" Tang San said

Xiao Wu watched as the two helped each other in sync as she took a spoonful of the soup. She can't help but felt like Baiyu was familiar and even the smell of nature was something else. It was like when she was in the forest, with her mother accompanying her...

A sad smile spread on her face.

"Mama, I miss you..." Xiao Wu muttered

Xiao Wu shook her head before heading to the two, to help them.

"Jiejie! Where have you been?" Shen Qing Qiu was quite surprised to see his sister, his sister looked quite exhausted.

Baiyu sat down on the chair and poured tea for herself to drink. That action made Qing Qiu remember one of Baiyu's past life habits.

What she was doing right now, meant that she doesn't want to talk about it.

This only happened once in their past life, but Qing Qiu remembered it like it was yesterday. That day was the day he first saw his sister crying silently in her room. He was only a child at that time, so he could only stay by his sister's room door. After his sister finally came out, she would avoid him and his father. Only after some time did they talk with each other.

'Did my sister get hurt again?!' Qing Qiu thought face darkened to a certain degree. He didn't notice something odd with his body, and Baiyu was quite shocked.

Yes, it may sound absurd but his precious sister got her feelings hurt once. He and his father, or maybe everyone in the mansion, plotted the greatest present for the boy and his family's misery. Remembering it made Qing Qiu quite satisfied. He suddenly feels two warm hands grasping his shoulder.