Chapter 6| Crimson Petal & Fight In Nuoding School

Today Dugu Yan and Baiyu are learning about Soul Master Dugu Bo in the library. Today, he wore simple clothes with glass to make him look like a scholar, and held a book about the soul master.

Baiyu and Dugu Yan sat apart from each other since they aren't close enough. Dugu Yan sat arrogantly while Baiyu sat straight but in a relaxed manner.

"A-Yan can you tell me what is a soul master?" Dugu Bo asked, looking at his granddaughter

"Soul Master is someone who possesses a Martial Soul and Soul Power. They are regarded as the noblest profession for a person to have." Dugu Yan said looking smug at Baiyu

Baiyu could only hold back a sigh, it was no use being angry at her.

After all, she lost her mother at a young age which can cause a mental breakdown, change of personality, and many more. Baiyu used to look at Dugu Yan's wiki. That girl only acted tough even though inside she broke down.

They continued the rest of the lecture with Dugu Bo asking questions now and then. He mostly asked Baiyu to test her, and Baiyu knew the answers to every question.

Dugu Bo is quite impressed with Baiyu's knowledge of poisonous plants, soul masters, and herbs.

Dugu Yan looked down at Baiyu every time. She was very surprised by her knowledge of poisonous plants. Even she doesn't know that much.

"We will finish today's lesson here. Baiyu, I need to talk to you." Dugu Bo said

Dugu Yan walked out of the library with a frown.

"What is it that you need, Master?"Baiyu asked

Instead of answering he gave her a ring. Baiyu was shocked to see the same ring in her past life, now she is suspicious about the possible connection.

"I found a rare stone that can store both living and un-living things. It was for my disciple except for family members and since you're my student I ask someone to make it into a ring."

"How much can I store in this ring though, Master?" Baiyu asked, astonished

"Don't know, since it was crafted into a ring it might be smaller. The last time a check it can a lot of things, even fresh herbs stay fresh forever."

Baiyu nodded, taking in the answer, and looking at the ring.

"What are you going to name it?" Dugu Bo looked at his disciple

"Well... Feihong Huaban 绯红花瓣... Mean Crimson Petal." Baiyu muttered but it was heard clearly by Dugu Bo

"A good name," he said nodding

"Ah! Right master, can I go to Nuoding City?" Dugu Bo nodded

"Then I go change w-" he said but Baiyu interrupted him

"It's okay Master, I can go by myself. And if I'm in danger, I will tell you.''

Dugu Bo frowned and turned to face her but unexpectedly saw many butterflies instead. One white butterfly landed on his shoulder, he heard.

"I will be back at home in Holy Village, master. Don't need to worry" He could only click his tongue, thinking she a genius.

"Now where is my favorite granddaughter!?" Dugu Bo said with a teasing tone

In the Dean's office

"Dean, can I have a girl uniform for this academy? I only need it for registration in Spirit Hall." Baiyu said.

Dean nodded. He asked his assistant to bring a girl's uniform

"Bring a girl uniform for her, mister Su."