Past life

Heng Yanling has an iffy feeling since she drove her car out of her house with her brother; Heng Rulan to bring him to his first college school.

He seems excited but also nervous. He would fidget with his fingers whenever he was nervous. They talked happily and she dropped him off at his college.

Heng Yanling work as a doctor in her dad's hospital, the Sichen Hospital. This hospital has been her family business since ancient times, the hospital specialized in old medication ways and ancient needle techniques that only can be used by the Heng family. Of course, they also need to use modern medication for dangerous conditions like cancer or in-needed surgery.

She worked in the herbs department which has several people as it is hard to remember the name of the herbs and some people cannot handle the smells of herbs.

She tied her hair into a ponytail and wore gloves to separate the new badge of herbs that got sent today. Plunked on her earphones as she began to organize the herbs to be put in the cabinets.

After workhour ended for the evening, Yanling stretched her stiff body. The popping sounds satisfied her quite a bit.

"Remember to eat dinner, A-Hua!" Yanling said as she took off her doctor's jacket

"Yes, miss Heng," Hua said with a smile before she return to listing down the needed herbs.

Yanling took her bag and goes to her A-die's office. Upon opening the door, she saw him typing on his computer. His coffee mug had been emptied for quite a well judging from the coffee stain.

He looked up smiling, looking tired but he still has a smile.

"What are you doing here, A-ling?"

Yanling sighed and goes behind him to massage his sore muscles. He let out a sigh of relief and felt much better.

"A-die how about we go and pick up A-lan so I can cook at home for us… hm?" He knew that his daughter won’t give up until he agreed. Standing up from the office chair where he had been sitting, he nodded.

Yanling let out a satisfied smile

Remembering something, he took a key out of his pocket with Yanling always seen around him. He goes to grab an old wooden box that has green and blue carvings on it. Inserting the key into the locked. It opened itself to reveal two jewels.

One is a ring that has a Fuchsia and Sapphire color diamond in a blossoming flower and another one is a waist tassel pendant. It has pearls so bright as the moon out the window, a white jade pendant, and another color Fuchsia vessel hanging looking beautifully.

 It has pearls so bright as the moon out the window, a white jade pendant, and another color Fuchsia vessel hanging looking beautifully

{I can't find any picture of a waist tessal pendant like in the description of what I wanted, so please use your imagination(◍•ᴗ•◍)}

"What is this for A-die..." Yanling asked as she looked at the jewels curiously

"This is what your Niang asked me to give you when you were 26 years old..." He said looking at the jewels solemnly but also full of fondness. Picking up the ring, he held his daughter's hand and slip it on her middle finger fitting perfectly.

"Please take care of this jewelry perfectly..." He said, handing over the wooden box to her

She was still stunned but held the box tightly.

Their mother died in a car accident when she was only about 12 and her brother was about 9 years old. When the three grieve over her, Yanling got over it due to the responsibility of taking care of her brother and father. They manage to overcome their sad and defeated feelings and stand up again.

Her mother's jewelry collection has always been a unique but cool design that can't be found anywhere. However, this jewelry in the elegant and gorgeous box felt unsettling but felt right at the same time. Yanling felt as if she needed these jewels in the future.

"This ring was inherited from your mother's side of the family, your grandfather was adamant to give it as the wedding ring." He fondly chuckled as he remembered the stern face, and he shook his head.

"A-Qing quoted 'Lao gong, can you give this to A-Ling when she will be 26? This shows that she is worthy of the Shen Bloodline."

Yanling absentmindedly accepted the waist pendant and grip on it. The pendant flashed an image of an odd Spider Lily and some kind of blue vines circling it before it faded. She snapped out of her daze, her A-die looking at her worried. She let out a smile to not let her A-die worry too much. Putting the pendant into her skirt pocket.

"A-die, it already dinner tike. We should go and pick up A-Lan from college, so we can make dinner together."

He sighed and nodded. Letting his favorite and beautiful daughter drag him to the parking lot. On the way to Rulan's college, they talk about the past, their work, and their day. It was a peaceful ride with Yanling driving the car and her A-die sitting.

"So you all later!" Rulan ran from his new friends to the car.

After sitting in the front seat near his sister he hugs and kiss his A-die on the cheek. He is a talkative person so the ride is more noisy but pleasant in the car. He talked about his first day, his friends, and on and on about his day nonstop.

However, they didn’t notice a trunk cross the red light and crash into them severely, Yanling being the nearest to the trunk has blood running down her forehead. Her family is all heavily injured, breathing difficulty, and struggling for their last breath.

‘Look like this is my last breath…’ she thought holding the ring and the pendant tightly.

She woke up as an infant and lived in the Holy Village for two years without siblings. After Shen Qing Qiu was born, that when she know that it was her brother. The reason is that he spoke the Chinese language, not the soul land language.